Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey,

Trying to figure out the best way to model a new wheel form rolling down a hill in Rhino. The wheel can stay perfectly rigid and simply needs to react to a solid ground plane.  The wheel and ground plane are modeled and attached in the file. Any help from Daniel or any of my other grasshopper idols would be much appreciated. 

Ultimately, it should simply waddle it's way down the ramp. That would be perfect.

Many many thanks.

Jake

Views: 1058

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jake,

Here I've kept the wheel rigid with springs, and added a CollideMesh for the ramp.

It seems there is a bit of slipping happening - I'll have to take another look at the friction code.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Attachments:

Daniel, 

Thank you very much. This is a great start just to allow me to understand the components involved. I really appreciate you taking a quick run at this (it would've taken me hours and hours).

Cheers.

Jake

Hi Daniel, 

I just wondering if there is a way to assign the rolling ball to the rigid bodies on Kangaroo II.

I looking to manipulate the center of mass from center of gravity and simulate the rolling behaivior of bodies.

Questions:

1.can we assign the moment of inertia modelable with volume moment  in Kangaroo definition? 

this is the same function, I am looking for. 

https://javalab.org/en/moment_of_inertia_en/

2. How can we assign the center of Mass and the weight to the rigid bodies ?

I do apriciate your help and many thanks, 

Samim 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service