Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello Daniel i have downloaded and installed Kangaroo 2 but i cant interact with the rhino viewport, i have installed rhino 5 64 sr11, both files are unlocked, do you have any idea why this happens?

Views: 34056

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Daniel,
is there a new release or a solution about the viewport interaction issue for .NET framework 4.6 and windows 10?

Hi everyone,

I went through the whole Kangaroo forum but didn't find any new info about this topic

do you know if a 4.6 .net framenet compatible version of the grab component is going to be released in the future (sooner or later) or if only up to win8 the full kangaroo2.0 potential can be unleashed? :)

Thanks!

Hi everyobdy,

i got the same problem you explained here. I turned COFF loading off and the problem still remains, the wire is always orange. what can i do?

Hi, any news with the 4.6 .net framework? thanks

since I updated from Win 7 to Win 10 the interaction with the viewport doesn't work anymore. Before it worked fine. I used the force direct option for kangaroo 2. anyone any idea or anybody who can confirm that it works on Win 10? Thanks!

sorry didn't read the hole discussion - so looks like its not compatible yet with win10 

any news here about the win 10 situation? :/

is there any hope for an update soon?

Just confirming its defiantly .net framework 4.6.x

Uninstalled with windows add/remove and replaced with 4.5 and grab works like a charm.

Thanks Daniel, kudos 2 the Kangaroo

Hi Daniel,

unfortunately I'm not familiar with this process and afraid I'll might do some damage for any other software (or hardware..?)

could you please explain exactly what is the process of replacing the .net framework and getting the older edition? 

thanks allot!

Yoav

Hi,

Same problem here! The 'grab' component doesn't work for me as well. I have tried everything that's suggested in this discussion: I installed Kangaroo version 2.1.2. My files are local, I manually added a separate location for the kangaroo files in GrasshopperDeveloperSettings just to be sure, everything is unlocked, I have .net Framework 4.5.1 installed, turned of Coff and forced Direct via the about panel. I'm working with Rhino 5 SR 12 on 64 bit, Grasshopper build 0.9.0076 on Windows 8.1.

I still get this error in the Rhino command line (translated from Dutch):

'An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location. This allows the assembly to be placed in a sandbox in earlier versions of the .NET Framework. In this version of the .NET Framework CAS policy is not enabled by default. This loading operation can therefore be dangerous. If this loading operation is not intended to place the assembly in a sandbox, you must turn on the switch load from remote sources. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.'
I hope someone can help me with this!
Thanks!

I just want to add my voice to the chorus here: Grab doesn't work in current Kangaroo/Rhino/Windows.  Any hope of this being fixed?  I'd have liked to try it.  :-(

Thanks!

Hi Bathsheba,

The grab component should work now in version 2.1.4

It uses the Alt key now instead of Ctrl.

Definitions made using the previous version of the grab component will give an error in the current version, but deleting that component and replacing it with the new one from the toolbar should fix this.

btw - long time fan of your work!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service