Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I'm getting the following error when trying to run version 0.096:

Object: KangarooA (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: KangarooA (level 2)
{
Could not load file or assembly 'KangarooLib, Version=0.0.9.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileNotFoundException
}

Some details:

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit OS

Rhinoceros 5 SR6 64-bit

Grasshopper Build 0.9.0064

I've tried copying the Kangaroo-associated files over a few times, first ensuring that the files are unblocked and deleting all Kangaroo-associated files from the Grasshopper Components and User Objects special folders. Each time, upon starting Grasshopper I get the above errors.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathaniel.

Views: 3927

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nathaniel,

Can you please try removing all extra copies of the kangaroo dll from your computer (not just from the grasshopper components folder, but downloads folder etc.)?

So there should be just one copy of Kangaroo0096.gha, and it should be located in your grasshopper components folder.

Because of the way the .net assembly resolver works, it seems that copies of the file in other locations can sometimes cause issues. Hopefully I can find a solution to avoid this happening, but in the meantime, just getting rid of the extra files usually seems to do the trick.

I should have mentioned that I noticed that bit of the instructions as well; I don't use a downloads folder and have found no other copies of kangaroo-associated files anywhere on my machine using a system-wide search. I've also deleted the ZIP archive containing the install files.

Also to note: these errors aren't preventing some of the kangaroo menus and components from loading. The actual Kangaroo engine component is conspicuously missing, however.

If there is only one copy of each dll and gha, and each of them is unblocked, and rhino has been closed and restarted, and any old Plankton libraries have been replaced, I'm afraid I can't think right now of what else to try.

Got it working but no smoking gun, unfortunately.

Installed latest available Windows updates; removed all Kangaroo-associated files from all known locations; restarted machine; downloaded fresh Kangaroo 0.096 ZIP and installed according to instructions; deleted ZIP archive; started Rhino and Grasshopper.

Thanks for the update and the quick responses, Daniel.

Glad to hear it is working now!

Same problem for me but even after removing everything the error won't go away.

Can you make it easier to install Kangaroo?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service