Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

If you have problems installing, there is instructions outlined here:

http://www.geometrygym.com/installing

If you have problems, please either email me, send me a message through this ning or post to the forum below and I'll be glad to help.

If you're behind the firewall in China and cannot access the downloads, please email me and I will send you a link to a dropbox shared folder. 

Views: 47652

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like the addon has loaded in Grasshopper but not Rhino?

Do you have toolbars for creating geodesic domes etc in Rhino?

Try dragging and dropping any .rhp and .tb files from C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Rhinoceros 4.0 \ Plug-ins \ SSI  over Rhino to load the plugin and toolbar.

If you type in the rhino command window, sdrZZLicenseRequest should be recognized.  Let me know if not.

Cheers,

Jon

Hello,
RHINO can perform sdrZZLicenseRequest, thanks ~

Now send GeomGymLicense.xml to you!!
This is right?

Hi Maciek,

Renewing the license at regular intervals provides at least an opportunity for me to monitor which are the popular/useful plugins, and for what purpose they might be being used.

If you can email me from an university email account, or send a scan/photograph of proof of enrollment, I typically renew for periods of 3 months at a time.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Is Geometry Gym compatible with Rhino5 x64  and if so , how do I install it?

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I've been trying to find a way to set 64 bit registry keys from the installer so that rhino x64 loads the plugin, but it seems on 32 or 64 bit is possible from a single installer (and it's a pain to build both for all plugins).  

It is compatible though, easiest way to inform Rhino to load a plugin is to drag and drop the .rhp files from equivalent to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins\SSI over running Rhino application.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Are you able to send me the licence as I cant figure it out.

Thanks

da_fenda@hotmail.com

Hi Jon,

I dont have either of these file destinations (C:\ProgramData\GeometryGym (Win7 or Vista) or
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GeometryGym) but the icons are visible both in grasshopper and rhino. I have the SSI folder in the rhino plugin though. Please help!

Thanks

Sorry, I figured out how to unhide the files so then those destination files appeared! So what exactly do I need to email to you? The xml file and the text data that appears in the sdrzzlicenserequest menu?

Thankyou

Hi I wish to ask does the plugins work on rhino sr9?
I just upgraded to sr9 and I find a serious crash of rhino after installing the plugin.
Rhino just keep crashing and cannot be opened.

Thanks.
Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

The crash is normally caused by incompatible versions of my plugin installed (ie maybe you updated one and not others installed).

Also make sure you have the latest version of GH installed (my plugins depend on it).

I suggest uninstalling all Geometry Gym plugins (either delete SSI folder or uninstall from control panel).  Then restart rhino and check.  Then download latest versions from http://www.geometrygym.com and install one at a time, testing that rhino restarts each time.

Let me know if this doesn't fix your problem.

Cheers,

Jon

hi  jon,

I installed the StructDrawRhino file from the website, and the new toolbar appears in grasshopper, however I can't run the command in step 4 or locate the geogymlicense.xml on my computer, it cannot locate it. 

any help would be great thanks.

anam

Hi Anam,

System folders are hidden by default, I should add a button to the dialog to open the folder.

The data is already placed into windows clipboard when you see the dialog, if you paste (usually <CTRL> - v ) into an email or message to me, I'll reply with instructions.

Cheers,

Jon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service