Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

Where can i get a working example of an inflated cushion? Like the one in the video.

Thanks!

Views: 16414

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a definition that will take any closed planar curve and turn it into an inflatable cushion
Attachments:

Hi Daniel,

When I try to open your definition I get the following error:

Plugin version: 0.8.0004

Output parameter chunk is missing.

Archive is corrupt.Object list read

The ghx loads with a couple of error-red components (see attached images).

When I run the def it causes Rhino to crash.

I have the newest gh, kangaroo, weaverbird and meshtools installed. What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jacek

Attachments:

Hi Jacek,

I'm not sure yet what is going on here. From that screenshot it looks like something is going wrong with the 'create mesh from scratch' components upstream of kangaroo.

Can you check what the inputs and error message on that first red component are ?

Daniel

The error says "Insufficient vertices for a mesh". Indeed, part of the data tree has only 2 items per branch. My guess is that something's wrong with the NakedEdges component.

Attached screenshot.

Attachments:

Yes, just checked, and it was working with the previous version of UTO's Meshtools, but not the latest.

It looks like they changed the outputs of the NakedEdges component.

Before it just output 2 lists of integers for the index of edge start and end, it now also includes the list of vertices.

So just place a new NakedEdges component on the canvas, replacing the old one and the Mesh decompose component, and connect them as shown:

Works perfectly now, thanks a lot, Daniel!
I took the pillow definition and was able to connect it to my curve, but a lot of the definition isn't connected and I can't figure out how to put it together. Any suggestions?
Attachments:

Hi Tori,

The definition uses components from the following plugins:

kangaroo

weaverbird

meshedit

Be sure you have all of these installed and try again.

JJ

Yeah, I do not have those plugins. Do you know if the first definition posted in this discussion requires all those plugins as well?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service