Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hello

I would like to simulate a surface like this.

Any ideas appreciated :)

Views: 23632

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Daniel,

I am wondering how do u do the stitching above. I am trying to achieve some thing rough like the images i attached(please ignore the sticks, they should not be there eventually). And I want to use fabric to achieve the final form. But I have problem doing relaxation, basically I don't know how to create a that pintching edge with your method of creating mesh

Attachments:
hi daneil,
i don,t know how to smooth this.could you explain?

Hey, could you quickly explain, how you attached the diagrid onto the mesh? I tried sth similar, but it only works with surfaces...

Thanks a lot! 

Daniel what you do is very interesting! We can learn a lot from each discussion. About your model, is there a way to reorganize the anchor points (the naked mesh edges) from a rectangular distribution to a circular one?

Thanks
Lio

Hi Lio,
I guess you can reorganize the mesh and anchor points in any shape you like...
Is the pictures below makes any sense (circular reorganization of anchor points)?
Thank Daniel for such a special tool.
(Kangaroo+WeaverBird)
Amir

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to start from a mesh with irregular triangles and quads (for example transforming a NURBS to a mesh).

My aim is to start from a quadrialteral mesh (with rectangualar border) and then "relax" also the border vertex to obtain a circular border. In this way I can mantain a quadrilateral and regular topological mesh (for example I could use T-spline to create smooth NURBS). Is there a way to "repel" the vertices of naked edges?

Thanks again

Lio

Sounds like a constrain to curve option would be really useful here.

I probably won't get round to it until after smartgeometry now, but I will add this in a future release.

In the meantime, you could do this by placing anchor points around the starting square border and moving them towards pre-defined target points on the circular border while the simulation is running.

Here's a simple example of pulling a square mesh onto a circular border
Attachments:
Very nice! I posted a video where I try this definition.

do you know why do I get null values?

I think maybe you have a different version of UTO's mesh tools, and the NakedEdge component in that.

Mine has a V, A and B output, whereas yours there has only V and A

Daniel it's very interesting your approach! Now I will try to apply this definition to the relaxation one to obtain circular meshes with quadrilateral topology.

Let's start!

Bye and thanks so much

Lio

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by