Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

At present Grasshopper should run on Rhino 4.0 (SR8 or later), Rhino5 32-bit and Rhino5 64-bit. However, the Grasshopper installer only informs Rhino 4.0. You'll need to install Grasshopper on Rhino 5.0 manually. 

Additionally, while running on Rhino 4.0, Grasshopper requires the .NET 3.5 framework to be installed. Rhino 4.0 does not ensure this so there may be a cryptic error. You can download and install .NET 3.5 from the Microsoft website.

While running on Rhino 5.0, Grasshopper requires the .NET 4.0 (or newer) framework. Rhino 5.0 does check for this so you will be duly informed if you do not have .NET 4.0

First, try the easy installation procedure, if that doesn't work, try the more difficult one.

1. Locate the GrasshopperPlugin.rhp file. It should be in <ProgramFiles>/Rhinoceros 4.0/Plug-ins/Grasshopper, but it may be in a different folder depending on the access privileges of your Windows account.
  2. Start Rhino 5.0
  3. Drag+Drop the GrasshopperPlugin.rhp file into the Rhino 5.0 viewport
  4. Grasshopper should now be installed and you should be able to run the _Grasshopper command.

If the above doesn't work, you may need to copy the entire Grasshopper plugin folder into the Rhino 5.0 Plug-ins folder before loading it using the same steps outlined above. Note that once you manually copy the files, they will not be uninstalled or updated automatically either.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 113654

Replies to This Discussion

Dear David,

I have also been having trouble updating grasshopper_0.9.64.0. Attached is the image of the message. Altough I have visited the http://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/rhinoinstallerengine/overview?s[]=... and followed the guidelines, I still could not manage to make it work.

How do I achieve to update it? 

Attachments:

thanks a lot :-)

trying to install grasshopper but I get this error message - can someone help ?

What version of Rhino5 do you have installed?

I have the same mistake and the latest version (trial). What should I do?

I'm not sure. Unfortunately the installer is not something I'm intimately familiar with. I think you should post on our discourse forum where Brian Gillespie hangs out. He's the installer expert so if he can't fix it, nobody can...

Hi Dave,

I have Rhino 5. i'm having trouble installing grasshopper 9.76.0

Everytime I try, I get a message "This package is not compatible with the Rhino installer Engine"

What should i do?

Thanks,

Hans

Dear David,

I have a problem with Grasshopper at this screen (Loading core assembly...8%) and never loading. I am running Rhino 5.10.41201 in Windows 8.1, Boot Camp on a Macbook Pro.  It used to work well but after installing Microsoft Office today the problem occurred. I tried deleting and reinstalling, as well as restarting but the same thing happened. Do you have any idea why this happened?

Best,

Yong

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service