Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear all,

Grasshopper and Rhino 4 no longer get along and Grasshopper has decided it's time to move out. As of today, Grasshopper is officially a Rhino 5 only plug-in.

Today we are re-releasing 0.9.0014 with an updated installer that will install Grasshopper on all Rhino 5 installations on a system, be they 32 or 64 bit. There was a snag which prevents us from releasing an updated version and we won't be able to fix this until Rhino 5 SR1, though that shouldn't be all that far off as we've already been typing on SR1 for several weeks.

You can download the new installer from the usual location.

Here are some details, facts and suggestions in no particular order:

• If you already have Grasshopper 0.9.0014 (released on September 28th 2012) running on Rhino4 and Rhino5, it's best to ignore this release.
  • The new installer will put Grasshopper into ProgramFiles(x86)\Grasshopper for Rhino 5\ or into MyDocuments\ depending on user privilege levels.
  • The new installer should not uninstall Grasshopper from Rhino4.
  • Grasshopper for Rhino4 will never expire.
  • There's no reason why you couldn't keep both the old Grasshopper for Rhino4 and the new Grasshopper for Rhino5.

You can always download the last release of Grasshopper for Rhino4 from our servers if you need to, we'll try and keep it available indefinitely.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Vienna, Austria

Views: 95622

Replies to This Discussion

I updated rhino again and couldn't reproduce the problem. So it will remain a mystery...

Maybe if I give you more details...

File was created on win XP,  rh50Evaluation_x86_en-us_20120927_2230 and latest GH (Rhino 5 only install).

Problem occurred on win 7 32b, latest update of rhino and same GH version with old install.

I'll re-update rhino and try again to see if I can reproduce it once again.

It it possible to have both Rhino4 and Rhino5 on my system and have each of them working with the respective latest compatible versions of GH?

If so, what's the preferred method? I'm getting errors.

Searching led me to this, but I'm not following it.

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/how-to-install-grasshoppe...

Hello,

I am having a problem installing the latest version of grasshopper on my rhino 5 installer engine.

You need to have at least Rhino 5 Service Release 3 to use the RHI. Try updating to the latest SR: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/sr

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service