Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

post here if you encounter any problems !!!

Views: 32254

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chris

If you take a look on your surface, you can see, there are a lot of bluish faces and i do not expect that you are calculating in the early morning or evening. So your Problem is, that you have face-normals pointing in the wrong direction. Always make sure that they are oriented to the sky. After that it will work as expected.

cheers,

to]

Hi uto,

Quick question about using the Analysis Grid to perform 3d Volumetric Calculations.  I understand how to perform this funciton in Ecotect.. but I'm having trouble getting Geco to do the same.  Is there something I am missing in getting Geco to cycle through my 3d analysis grid and produce volumetric studies?  I can produce 2D.. but not 3D.

Thanks for your time!

Noah

Hi Noah

just take a look on our example files

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/geco/forum/topics/example-files-...

the example you need is //DaylightStudies - MeasuringGrid - 3dGridFraction//

cheers,

[uto]

Hi [uto]

Thanks for the quick reply.

This example is very clear, but I am still having problems seeing the 3D volumetric grid in rhino.  Everything is there in Ecotect with control through Grasshopper.. but i'm just seeing one 2D plane in Rhino.  Most likely a stupid mistake on my part.. but I still need a bit more direction on this...

Thanks again !

Noah

Hi Noah

ah you are referring to the 3d representation of the grid.

So what you need to do is to transfrom the points you get with the values you received.

The easiest way to achieve this is to use the remap component to set the target remap domain.

hope this is somehow clear

Cheers,

[uto]

Hi to],

I am having a problem with the attached file.

The grid does not seem to display correctly and only on the lower side.

Have you guys encountered a problem like this before?

Greetings,

Arthur

Attachments:

Hi Arthur,

I could figure out the problem, the mesh is flipped... are you using RH5?

We have to dig a little bit into the software. In the mean time, use the MeshFlip Component, please!

...see attached file

Greetings,

[uto]

Attachments:

Thanks a lot °[u  !

It's working well.

Hi [uto],

I have just re-created the definition in a class today and we got a slight difference between the Ecotect grid colours and the the Geco imported one. Please have a look at the image below and attached files if possible.

Also some students had problems with the "Add mesh attribute" component: it was disappearing when closing and re-opening the definition with the error message below.  

Would you know what is causing these errors?

Thanks again guys, really useful tool!

Arthur

Attachments:

Hi Arthur,

The Values for the Grid are calculated from the original values to create the RGB values. So if you change the range inside ecotect the range in rhino will not be changed. If you want to change the range also in GH you have to remap the values to your corresponding legend in Ecotect.

So to get more clear, the colors are only visual feedbacks and not the important thing. The real goal is to work with the calculated values ;)

and they are for sure the same ;) (and if you do not change the range of course also the colors)

According the MeshAttribcomponent: I will dig a bit into it but i am not really sure why? keep in contact about this topic, but what i can say is that we never had this error on any WS or from a student from us before.

Hope you have referenced our work at the WS!

cheers,

[uto]

Thanks a lot To],

I'll give it a try!

The mesh attribute error happened with people who installed 8.006 and then went back to 8.004. Weirdly some people solved it by increasing the scale of their model or resetting their weather data... not in every case though.

We were teaching both Geco and Kangaroo at KTH Stockholm today (workshop still going on actually). We did a short introduction about the plugin creators and asked people to join the group on the forum and try to donate to both projects as you guys kindly developed these tools for us!

Hope you guys will get some good feedback soon.

All the best,

Arthur

Arthur did they uninstall the program correctly? before they installed the older version? (control panel/uninstall)?

and thanks for the information and introduction

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service