Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

post here if you encounter any problems !!!

Views: 32261

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Thomas,

Tried that too, and got the same result: after running the Geco, Ecotect changes the material color to it's default one:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxqjep_ecotect-new-material-2_tech

Any help?

Hi,

did it worked now for you?

I can’t reproduce this problem?

Please follow my description

best

Hi Tomas,

What description? Adding the edited material to the Global Library? I already did that. The same result, ecotect simply reversed the new material colour to the original one.
The way I succeeded in "not allowing" ecotect to reverse it back to the original colour is to use an additional boolean toggle at EcoSetUserMaterial component.
Because for some reason, when ever I just used boolean toggle at "EcoMeshExport" after changing the colour of the custom material in Ecotect (like in previous video), it did not work.
Now with this new boolean toggle, it works - meaning that colour does not reverse to it's original one. On the other hand the results are incorrect - because "EcoObjectRequest" outputs the same values for daylight factors in case of material with dark colour, and the same material but with bright colour - which is impossible. Material with too dark colour should absorb more light than the bright one. Therefor the illuminance and finally daylight factors should be at smaller than in case of the same material of a bright colour.
But as you can see in this new video, that is not the case, and the daylight factors simply remain the same:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy1rnl_ecotect-new-material-3_tech

Which is incorrect, if the colour of the material truly changed.

Any help?

Danke.

Hi djordje  how does the eco set user material component work? I need if possible an exemple to follow it ,please it's so importante for my thesis progress ,thank's" 

hi uto:

I have some question about shadow studies using exposure

is that mesh input for exposure solution using "exposure" component just can use rectangle?

because I use 4points to define surface, it's not working..

if can I want use 4points to define a surface as exposure mesh, because in real a site is not always rectangle..

add attachments

thanks for help

Randy

Attachments:

Hi,

I'm starting to learn grasshopper and ecotect. I used geco to have the shadows of the vegetation on my site. But instead of projecting its on an horizontal plane I want to project its on a nurbs surface. Do you know how to do this?

Thanks 

Hi  [uto],

Geco is really cool component! I enjoy when I am testing my designs...

I wanted to use it with Galapagos for finding the best solution for solar radiation. But I had an error scene.

And for the next time, I will try multi-objective (solar+daylight) evaluation with Octopus. Do you have any advise about it ?

Best,

Berk

Attachments:

first of all thanks for building geco it simplify thing so much... but i dont know why the light analysis doesnt correspond with the mesh wall that i build. do you know where i do wrong?

Attachments:

Hi uto

I recently downloaded “Geco_DaylightStudies_MeasuringPoints_GH08 “ example and I used that definition for another Geometry but It doesn’t work correctly and ecotect give an error about  no matching object found.

I haven’t any idea to resolve it. Please help me to

Best regards’

Seyed ali

Hi

I recently downloaded “Geco_DaylightStudies_MeasuringPoints_GH08 “ example and I used that definition for another Geometry but It doesn’t work correctly and ecotect give an error about  no matching object found.

I haven’t any idea to resolve it. Please help me to

Best regards’

S.ali

Attachments:

I was trying to install geco for a solar analisis and it dosent work, the ecoLink component is in red and says:

"Could not load file or assambly, Version=2.1.563.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken=null or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file especified."

Is there an update of geco?

Im using Rhino 5 sr3 and the latest version of GH 0.90056.

HELP...

Attachments:

Hi Vin_x

you have to install the newest Geco v 1.0039

this is a compatibility update

http://utos.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

best

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos