Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Grasshopper and Rhino. 

I am facing difficulties in modeling attached closed cell foam structure. Also i'm not able to import the model to commercial (like abaqus/solid works/CATIA) to complete FE analysis.

It would be grateful if someone help me to model the attached foam structure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vignesh 

Views: 3852

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I got it. Meshing also now been completed. 

It is really a useful forum where i got opportunities to learn and do many things.

Thanks Laurent for your untried efforts and help.

I would appreciated if you could tell me how to convert Cell wall from surface to Solid in my case(Example as shown below).

Solution 1 is to offset each voronoi cell, if you keep BREP it seems possible. I have seen that on discourse. But Rhino will not like that. 

http://discourse.mcneel.com

http://discourse.mcneel.com/t/problem-creating-hollow-solids-with-a...

and surely other threads ...

One other solution is to make that with mesh and offset using isosurfacing. 

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/offset-mesh-problems-with...

The smoothing could surely be done with some Weaverbird tool. 

You will have to convert it to real solid with tetgen (like the cat)

Hi Vignesh

Er ... hmm ... what is your experience with the ultimate thing? (this is NOT the way to do it > more on that matter after the Formula 1 race [Lewis MUST win, Niko MUST take the stick]).

In the mean time get this that does hollow Breps (shell solids in classic solid modelling CAD apps) using a highly unusual (and not recommended at all) Method - see inside C#. Of course Rhino takes ages to do it ... but that's rather expected (Rhino is a surface modeller). Doing this in many Breps ... well ... I wish you good luck.

NOTE: Obviously the right/proper way to do it is NOT using scale: Instead > get the BrepFaces offset them (inwards ) then use the Brep.CreateSolid (breps)[0] Method ... then ... blah, blah ... but the gist of the approach is rather clear (I do hope).

best, Lord of Darkness

Attachments:

BTW: with regard the other thingy of yours see attached.

BTW: For big numbers buy a (one way) ticket to Planet Oblivion.

best, Lord of Darkness

Attachments:

DISASTER: Lewis got the stick and the other fella won the @%$@ race. No code update is possible due to low moral (and despair).

Hi Tom

Well ... indeed asyncron is the proper approach ... but fact is that personally I never use Rhino for doing anything "solid" (not to mention any AEC thing/things/parts/something).

Other than that the true cause(s) of postponing victory are under investigation (maybe "soft" actions from my part, maybe slow ones, maybe Karma).

Solids are better to do in Catia.

Indeed ... but fact is that for AEC purposes ... well ... on top of all there's the BIM thingy (obligatory by Law in some countries and soon in a lot of others). 

All things considered this means AECOSim for a vast variety of reasons (from Generative Components and Bentley Systems vertical apps to the ParaSolids 3d [Siemens/NX] engine). 

This means that CATIA is used only as a second violin (life sucks).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service