Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Here are some demo's of remeshing with Plankton combined with some relaxation functions from Kangaroo.

(Similar to what I described here:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/profiles/blogs/meshmash-dynamic-remeshing)

The first is a simple remeshing aiming for equal edge lengths, while the second also allows interpolation between multiple target lengths, and also optimizes for circle packing.

They require the latest version of Kangaroo to run.

Enjoy!

More explanations to follow soon

Daniel

Views: 66218

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Daniel

I find out this scrip related to my project. I download it and cannot be used.

Is it some problem with the version? I cannot figure this out.

Thank you so much.

Best,

Peitong

Hallo Daniel,

I want to ask for a simple Bugfix, using your definitions for your dynamic remeshing script.
I used your scripts and after a few iterations, which are working well, the program stops and the C# component gets red.

Is it related with the version of Kangaroo? I'm using Kangarpp 0096 and the Plankton Version i don't really know. Can you help me out?

Dear Daniel

I open the Remeshing.gh definition and I have this warning: How could I fix this ?

Thanks

A.

Warning (CS1701): Assuming assembly reference 'RhinoCommon, Version=5.1.30000.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=552281e97c755530' matches 'RhinoCommon, Version=6.13.19058.371, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=552281e97c755530', you may need to supply runtime policy
Warning (CS1701): Assuming assembly reference 'RhinoCommon, Version=5.1.30000.13, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=552281e97c755530' matches 'RhinoCommon, Version=6.13.19058.371, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=552281e97c755530', you may need to supply runtime policy

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting this installed/functioning.  I am running Rhino V6 and Kangaroo2.  I've downloaded plankton.dll, plankton.gha, and MeshMachine.gha.  I moved them all to Program Files/Rhino 6/Plugin-ins/Grasshopper/Components.  I've also copied them to the AppData/Roaming/Grasshopper/Libraries folder to see if that helped.  They are all unblocked.

When I open Grasshopper I can place Plankton components on the canvas, but when I open Daniel's Remesh_Plankton_circles.gh, I am presented with a series of popups to resolve assembly references:

-  When it asks for a "New" KangarooLib.dll do I choose KangarooSolver.dll?

-  When it asks for a "New" PlanktonGH.dll do I choose Plankton.dll?

-  When it asks for a "New" GH_Kangaroo.dll do I choose Kangaroo2Component.gha?

If I do specify files as described above, I still get errors: 

VertexNeighbours, NakedVertices, Combine & Clean (all Kangaroo functions) are not installed

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this, but for some reason I can't get this thing working.  It looks absolutely fantastic (and potentially a silver bullet for me) so I'm eager to get it going.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tx,

Declan

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service