Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Here are some demo's of remeshing with Plankton combined with some relaxation functions from Kangaroo.

(Similar to what I described here:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/profiles/blogs/meshmash-dynamic-remeshing)

The first is a simple remeshing aiming for equal edge lengths, while the second also allows interpolation between multiple target lengths, and also optimizes for circle packing.

They require the latest version of Kangaroo to run.

Enjoy!

More explanations to follow soon

Daniel

Views: 66283

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a small update that performs a given number of iterations without using the timer:

Attachments:

Daniel, I cant thank you enough for this, I'll post the results shortly.

Do you definitely have Plankton 0.3.0 installed and unblocked?

Hello

when you copy all the necessary files to grasshopper components folder right click each of the files and select properties. In general tab down to the right there is an unblock button to click and unblock the files.

hope this helps

solved/thank you!

Is there a way of inputting a "hard point" vertex into the mesh. i.e. one that will not move while the edges change length around it? 

Thanks a lot for that link. Extremely useful and much appreciated.

James

Hi Daniel,

Is it true that the remeshing component doesn't work when inputting multiple meshes at the time? I was trying to remesh a box consisting of some 80 seperate planar meshes. One plane at a time works, but 2 or more doesn't.

Hi Michiel,

You can actually join multiple meshes into 1 (even though they are separate in space), then I think it should work to remesh them all at once.

Thanks for your reply Daniel. I think I did get that to work at one time, but for some reason I couldn't repeat it.

However that's treating the seperate meshes as one; I actually wanted to perform the operation in a way that each mesh would be remeshed separately. No matter, not a big deal, I was just curious.

hi daniel,

i´ve been playing around with kangaroo and mesh machine, now i´m trying to make a circle packing on a relaxed mesh with kangaroo, with the remesh plankton circles script that you upload but it doesn´t seem to work...

any thoughts?

thanks

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service