Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

I m trying to do differential growing curves and couldn't come up with any ideas  to get started.Any strategies will be helpful .

Thank u 

Views: 88519

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nick,

I can't seem to get this definition to work. What should you use as curve? Can you upload the definition you used for the bunny?

Best! F

Attachments:

NEW REFERENCE STANDARD: Playboy mesh made via ArtCAM:

Attachments:

Hi Nik:

Thanks for the Playboy Bunny, I don't understand your explanation of how you got the jagged corners as seen in my bunny, to be so smooth and organic in yours? perhaps if you post your .gh I can see more clearly what you meant

cheers!

Just replace the polyline final output with an interpolated curve that also uses point inputs. Then I increased the initial divisions of the input loop I freeform drew on the mesh to 500, 1000 or 2000 and after resetting everything, often invoking a menu recalculate command if it didn't start going on its own, and while it was running I right click decreased the Kangaroo tolerance by factors of 10 to speed things up, then let it run over a half hour.

wonderful, Couldn't connect Grasshopper site, co incidentally did same think Daniel.. added timer and mesh pipe.... works good.this give me a clear picture of things ..looks like T.S.P art to me but 3d. My initial strategy(although it didn't work) was to connect dots from sorting points so that with Image sampler something like this could be done.

That's sensuous

I hadn't noticed this discussion. Really interesting stuff. Shridhar, what technique did you use for tsp inspired image? I just tried it by converting image sampler into 3d mesh. A lot more uncontrolled looking than yours.

This is TSP soft StippleGen.

Oh i mis-read Shridhar's post. So original is not gh.. Makes me feel better, i just realised there main issue with mine is in the first 3d mesh step, not the growth step.

I really like this TSP art too. As I was saying to Nik below, it should be possible to adapt this curve packing definition so that the sphere size varies according to location - in this case based on an underlying image - to get a similar effect.

I did try a while back using image values to drive the edge lengths of MeshMachine in a similar fashion:

Hi Daniel

How you used values of brightness from ImageSapler? Or you applied SizePoints input from MeshMachine or something another?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service