Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi folks,

I'm trying to implement functionality similar to the data dam within a custom component. Basically I want an output parameter to hold on to data from a previous SolveInstance until a certain condition is met. I've tried making a call to DisableGapLogic within SolveInstance but still no luck. Any tips?

Dave

Views: 775

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if you are interested in work-arounds but if you are you could simply declare a global variable that gets updated on an "if" statement and output the global variable every time. Write a simple reset button if you need to start over. 

But I am guessing that you don't want the script to run if you don't need it to...

Attachments:

Caching data in a component field seems like a good alternative. I'm still curious if there's a way to achieve the same thing by preserving data within the output parameter itself though.

To give a bit more context, the component in question creates instances of a custom data type which are used downstream in an iterative timer-based component. I'm trying to avoid creating new instances of these objects while the simulation component is running. In other words, if the timer component is running, output the last set of objects created, otherwise create a new set of objects and output those.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service