Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I would like to create somekind of walkingpath in an architectural environment. Let´s say a museum with different floors, stairs and ramps. All these geometries are created in GH and I would like to create variations of paths of visitors.

The museum has defined points of interest and each visitor choose randomly which poi is visited. And maybe I can implement some kind of distraction to create a more realistic path.

Any ideas how to work on that?

I appreciate any inspiration...

Thomas

Views: 7562

Replies to This Discussion

Richard,

Following this discussion I have downloaded Spiderweb and also started to read the various entries on Graphs.  This is a wonderful plugin.  I do have one question and that concerns the CBP output on the ShortestPathGraph as Tree. This seems to output either 0 or 2 and 2 seems to be the output of interest but what exactly is coming out of this?

Thanks for advice,

Hallo Robin,

The CBP output is a list of values which are synchron with the Line output of the Node. So if a Line has the value of two it was twice part of the shortest path between all SP-starting points.

So when having two SP it is once part of the shortest path between A and B and once part of the shortest path between B and A.

Richard

Richard,

Thanks so much, this makes complete sense.

robin

Hi Richard,

thanks for this sample. It works nice for a shortest path between two points, but if I extend it with more waypoints the result isn´t really predictable. 

In some cases (3 waypoints) a closed network is created, but mostly it doesn´t work (more than 3 waypoints).

Even rising the connecting distance results in strange solutions.

any suggestions?

Please refer to the command given to Robin above...

An updated sample...

Attachments:

This is still the problem in your sample. Although there is a network, the path isn´t created to all waypoints.

Thanx~

Well it looks like you are still using the equals too (2) comparison with a cull pattern. There its the problem, since you have more than two waypoints. Try to set the comparison to 0 and than use the not equals too pattern as culling pattern. As explained in the post to Robin the CBP outputs how often a line was part of the shortest path between the different starting points.

Richard

Ahh, now I got the point. Thanks.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service