Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey there,

I have a relatively simple problem; but don't seem to be able to solve it or find a solution anywhere.

What I would like to do is calculate how many objects / points are in each individual grid.

One grid is the red sq.

That grid = none.

I have tried using containment/regions but cant seem to get it working.

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance ! :)

Views: 3960

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that fast reply.  :)

It looks good but on closer inspection.  It works in a general sense but if you actually count the amount of points in each grid; it doesn't seem to be right.

See attached: There are a quite a few errors , any reason why this is happening?

Attachments:

Works fine with my random points, you will have to upload your definition or points file.

the points file is larger than 5mb .  Could you bake your random points and input the points from rhino.  And try it that way?

65000 random points, baked them, input to definition, small part:

Better show me what exactly you did with my def, I dont see any error there.

all i did was the change the grid size and inputed points and the list tag size.

i dont understand why it doesnt work.  Is it because of the grid size change??

Attachments:

attached is the grasshopper file i used/ changed

Attachments:

Ooops I forgot points could have negative coordinates:

Awesome ! thanks so  much cheers. :)

I am curious to see what you will eventually achieve with that, please share when it looks good  =)

i will upload when its done; its basically a system to calculate/map out urban density in a city plan that I have designed.  :) thanks for the help.

Hi guys,

I am once again stuck.  What i need to do now is to calculate the volumes of mesh boxes that i have generated within each grid cell.  Is it possible to link the value of the volume to each point and then from there link it to the point; and get the values that way perhaps? 

By adding these volumes together to get the total volume for each grid??

What are your thoughts??

Thanks again guys.

Attached is an example of the definition so far.  But missing the link from volume to each point.

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service