Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Can I make galapagos wait for new fitness from extern file?

Hi Everyone

I'm optimizing an office facade using Diva and Viper for the light and solar calculation and afterwards sending the hourly results to MatLab for simulating the annual energy use and performance of the indoor climate and ventilation system. From Matlab I send the reults back to Grasshopper and generate a fitness from the MatLab result. All this works fine, but I would like to optimiza the parametrics of the facade in loop, but Galapagos is not waiting for the fitness result to update from MatLab.

So can I make Galapagos change parametric and then WAIT for the NEW fitness before changing the parametrics in the next loop?

I've tried the 'delay'-component, but it is not working :(

Hope someone can help me! and thank you very much!

Views: 2468

Replies to This Discussion

I took it granted that Galapagos goes for the next, more fit genom only when the internal loop was calculated. How can you notice if the internal loop was not calculated but Galapagos already changed the value?

You might take a look a screen record about my definition here Actually there is a finite element solver in the loop (Karamba3D) so it takes some time once its run. But you can notice that the sliders change quite slow, cca. 1.5 second, which for me make sense and the same if I run it manually. (approx 1500 millisecond for my loop to run)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service