Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Baking geometry from different branches into different layers?

I have a tree with a couple of branches in it. Each branch has a few lines.

Is there a way to bake this lines, but according to the branches they belong?

For example, all lines from the branch {0;0} will be baked in layer "1", all lines from branch {0;1} will be baked in layer "2", and so on...

I guess this may be a question for Giulio Piacentino's "bakeattributes" component?

Views: 3195

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the reply Ramonster.

In case you have number of branches(objects) lower than 8 you can just attach the "Clean tree" component and neglect the one from which "Entwine" gets no data.

But in order for your definition to work on any other data tree with larger number of branches(objects) (than 8 in your case) you need to edit the "Entwine" component's input - add more inputs and connect them.

That is what I am trying to skip, and ask if there is some workaround solution, to skip this "Entwine" editing part.

Not quite sure it answers your problem, but look at the right part of the definition there

(and to use Ramonster's def, just ignore the entwine and plug your data structure in place of it)

Hey djordje,

My solution will work on any data tree, regardless of how it was created. Entwine is one way, but most components will nicely output you a data tree with just the amount of branches that were created. Whether it's 5 or 50 doesn't matter. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service