Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi I'm planning an interactive installation which is running over grasshopper, using the Kinect sensor and an arduino for MIDI output. The only thing that is annoying me is that I have to open rhino, type grasshopper and load the file before it runs.

Is it possible to start the grasshopper file with a kind of autostart script when windows is booting?

The Windows machine does just have this one purpose during the installation and it would be great if everything could start on it's own after pressing the power button of the computer.

Views: 3056

Replies to This Discussion

I found a solution:

• First I created a RhinoScript file (Tools > Rhinoscript > edit) with the following lines to run grasshopper and load a specific grasshopper file:

Option Explicit
Call Main()
Sub Main()
Dim GH
Set GH = Rhino.GetPlugInObject("Grasshopper")
Call GH.DisableBanner()
Call GH.ShowEditor()
Call Rhino.Print("Loaded:" & GH.IsEditorLoaded())
Call Rhino.Print("Visible:" & GH.IsEditorVisible())
Call Rhino.Print("Enabled:" & GH.IsSolverEnabled())
Call GH.OpenDocument("C:\testfile.ghx")
End Sub

• Then I set Rhino to auto run this script on startup (Tools > options > RhinoScript > new)
  • Also I put Rhino in my Windows 7 autostart folder (C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup).

It works perfectly: everytime I boot my computer it automatically runs Rhino, Grasshopper and the grasshopper file for the interactive installation.

Thanks for sharing!

I found it very useful for automatically opening from Rhino a GH file associated with the current 3dm document.

charming :)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service