Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

FAQ (Frequent Questions) (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is it possible to call the functions of a Grasshopper component from inside a (C#/VB.Net/Python) script?

While there is not in fact a 1:1 correspondence between components and methods in a simply accessible library, it is under certain circumst…

Started by Andrew Heumann

4 Dec 18, 2015
Reply by James Ramsden

I've posted a question and no one has answered it!

Whilst the majority of cries for help on the forum get answered within the hour, some don't. There may be a valid reason for this so please…

Started by Danny Boyes

36 Mar 16, 2015
Reply by David Rutten

How do I install Grasshopper on Rhino5?

At present Grasshopper should run on Rhino 4.0 (SR8 or later), Rhino5 32-bit and Rhino5 64-bit. However, the Grasshopper installer only inf…

Started by David Rutten

32 Mar 8, 2015
Reply by David Rutten

Why doesn't equality work as I think it should?

When numbers are displayed on the screen, they are typically rounded to avoid looking like 31.5000000000000089,  31.500000000000000092 or 3…

Started by Mateusz Zwierzycki

1 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by David Rutten

Everything you need to know about Display and View Menus in Grasshopper

[Skeleton Outline - Will complete latter] Note I am going to close the discussion while I work on it (possibly afterwards as well) so that…

Started by Danny Boyes

5 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by Danny Boyes

Installed components or add-ons don't show up in tabs

Sometimes new components that should be available aren't visible on the Tabs. What do I do? There could be several reasons this is happeni…

Started by Łukasz

0 May 2, 2013

Where did Shortest List, Longest List, and Cross Reference data matching go?

As of Grasshopper version 0.9.x, this functionality, which used to be contained in the component contextual menu, has now been made into se…

Started by Andrew Heumann

0 Oct 3, 2012

I've added my question in the wrong forum, how can I move it?

Sometimes we add a topic for discussion in the wrong location and realise it would be better elsewhere. How can it be moved. Firstly: What…

Started by Danny Boyes

0 Jun 25, 2012

Formatting Numbers in Grasshopper

Scientific Notation By default Grasshopper uses the Scientific notation when dealing with particularly large or small numbers. For example:…

Started by Danny Boyes

1 May 22, 2012
Reply by David Rutten

Hiding pretransformed geometry a.k.a. I have two objects instead of one

1. You obtained 2 spheres/objects and you want to hide one of them (the earlier one).         2. When you select one component, y…

Started by Mateusz Zwierzycki

0 May 18, 2012

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service