I am excited to announce that Firefly has a new and improved website (www.fireflyexperiments.com). The website has many new features including a new forum and an e-commerce shop which includes products like the new Firefly Interactive Prototyping Shield. The Firefly Interactive Prototyping Shield mounts on top of your Arduino Uno and provides access to a number of useful input (ie. sensors) and output (ie. motors) devices. Features include:
- Three linear slide potentiometers connected to analog pins 0, 1, and 2
- Two-axis joystick connected to analog pins 3 and 4
- Light sensor (photocell) connected to analog pin 5
- Three push buttons connected to digital pins 2, 4, and 7
- Red LED connected to digital pin 13
- RGB LED connected to digital pins 3, 5, and 6
- Two servo connections on digital pins 8 and 9
- A connection to the Easy Stepper Driver (co-designed by Sparkfun Electronics and Brian Schmalz) to control stepper motors. The direction of the motor is controlled through digital pin 10 and the number of steps through digital pin 12
- High-voltage MOSFET circuit capable of driving lights, valves, DC motors, solenoids, or anything else requiring higher voltage or current. The gate of the MOSFET is connected to digital pin 11 (PWM).
Come take a look at the new site, post some questions, and let us know what you think!