algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Isosurface generated using Millipede.
Rendered in Brazil for Rhino.
(This is a mesh object but, ideally, you'd want to render this in a native isosurface renderer to achieve a high level of detail).
I think the automatic linking doesn't like the asterisk. To use the definition you have to at least be able to figure out the correct link by yourself :P
The definition was posted but it doesn't appear in this thread for some reason. Here's the download link:
Keep in mind this is very old (I probably wouldn't do it like this now).
Is anyone able to recreate this? I am not able to get anywhere near the mandelbulb with the image and code the author provided, sadly enough.
I am getting only a small mesh with about 700 faces which also looks very flat.
I will perhaps make a screenshot tonight
holy ...... that's awesome!
Make sure that you have correctly renamed the inputs of the expression component and that there are no extra lines in the panel component (don't hit enter after typing the equation). This are the two most common problems.
The component after "mesh surfaces" is called "weld vertices" and comes with the MeshEdit plugin (http://www.food4rhino.com/project/meshedittools). This is the only non standard component (contrary to what I previously said, sorry). You don't really need it for the definition to work, but it will make it run faster.
I'm having one other issue. I cannot figure out what the command is that comes after the "mesh surfaces" command towards the end of your definition.
Once again I can't thank you enough for all the help, and I'm sorry to bother you with so many questions...
It looks great! Thank you so much for your help :)
I'm working it out now, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.
You are the man Vicente
Reiketh, here's a simple definition for creating something that that kind of looks like romanesco broccoli. It doesn't rely on scripting or any special components. I sort of eyeballed the shape (I didn't look up how to properly do this) so it's certainly not the best way of doing it. Let me know if its good enough.
The definition does the following: It creates a log spiral, places some cones on it, then subdivides those cones (by replacing each cone by the entire structure) twice.
Thanks for the input Vicente. For someone that doesn't really know how to use code, is it easy to implement in grasshopper so that I might be able to generate this form? Or am I looking at something that might be over my head?
You can zoom into certain areas that look like the romanesco broccoli (specially at higher powers) but I wouldn't recommend this since you won't be able to easily add parameters to tweak the resulting shape in a predictable way.
Doing a quick search I found this https://github.com/rrhvella/romanesco-broccoli-generator. The screenshots don't look too good but maybe increasing the iterations and adding some randomness can end up looking good enough, plus this way you can actually control what you are doing.
I'm busy right now but maybe later I'll try to implement it in GH, or maybe someone else can try.
Sign Upor Sign In
by Laurent Delrieu
by Rahim Dehghani
by Michael Pryor
by Michael Pryor
by AA Visiting School Jordan
Added by Bene
Added by Benjamin Felbrich
Added by Soroush Garivani
Added by kwanphil cho
Added by Antonello Di Nunzio
Added by Anthony Buckley-Thorp
© 2016 Created by Scott Davidson.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.