Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Please let us know if you have any comments about improvment of the TTToolbox TTTools.

Views: 2021

Replies to This Discussion

Some great tools here - thank you for sharing them.

I found that when copying and pasting (CTRL+C & CTRL+V) TT Sweep components the pasted component defaults back to the largest W Shape (currently W14x90) regardless of what section type and size had been defined in the copied component. It would be a great time saver if the pasted component retained the settings of the copied component.

I am getting the following error message when trying to use the "Write to Excel" component:

Error: Solution Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'TTOffice, Version 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions? Other TT Toolbox components work, and I checked the .gha file to make sure it was not being blocked by Windows. I get the error message when i plug in the information to the "data" input.

I'm attaching a screenshot of an isolated portion of the definition showing the error in case it does not replicate with the attached file on your end.

Attachments:
Is the TTOffice.dll file in the same folder as the TTToolbox.gha file?

Yes, in the components folder.

Josh,

Can you tell us more about your system?  What versions of Windows, Rhino, Grasshopper, and Excel are you running?

We have tested the Excel components on Windows 7, Rhino 5, GH 0.9.0014, and Excel 2010.

Hi,

I have the same problem

I am using Windows 7, Excel 2010, Rhino 5, GH 0.9.0014. Both files are unblocked and in the same folder. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi there,

This certainly looks like the same issue.  You might try toggling the 'Memory load *.GHA assemblies using COFF byte arrays' - this toggle can be found by running the command 'GrasshopperDeveloperSettings'.  Try restarting rhino, switching that setting, launching GH and trying again.  No guarantees, but I've seen that work before.  Once our tools run once it shouldn't matter what the state of that toggle is.  Again - no clue why this would matter, but I've seen this trick work.

If that doesn't work, I would try all of the usual things - verify .gha and .dll are unblocked and in your grasshopper libraries folder, restart rhino and GH, try restarting your machine, download again and repeat.

Keep us posted!

One more thought - have you unblocked the TToffice.dll file along with the .gha?

Thanks Ben - it was the .dll that needed to be unblocked, now the WriteExcel component is working correctly.

FYI, I am running a system similar to those you tested on - Win 7, Rhino 5, GH 0.9.0014, Excel 2010.

Cheers Josh - I'm glad we sorted that out.

I am having a similar problem, so I wanted to ask what was blocking the .dll file? I assume that is causing my issue but i don't know where to look for the blocker.

cheers

cait

cait,

you can unblock the .dll by rt-clicking on it and selecting "properties". on the "general" tab there should be a button toward the bottom right which says "unblock".

for a better description: http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/unblockplugin

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service