generative modeling for Rhino
I'm trying to create a grid from 3 shapes (like in the attachment pic) in grasshopper for rhino, by panelling tool in grasshopper. how can I do that? I'm very new to grasshopper panelling tool.
after creating such a grid I would like to control each shape separately (Hexagon, triangle, square)
any help please ??
Thanks a million!
There are probably few ways to do that, but before pointing you to a solutions, can you elaborate?
What do you mean by control shapes separately? You want to extrude with variable distances for example?
Do you need each shape to be sorted in separate array?
Are you typically covering planar surfaces?
The grid composed of hexagon, triangle and square cells.
After creating the grid I would like:
1. to flow the grid along a closed 3d surface in grasshopper.
2. to extrude 3d shapes of the Hexagon cells and square cells.
3. the tringle cells to be as holles in between the extrude shapes. (in the tringle cells I don't want to contain a 3d shape).
4. The extrude of Hexagon and square should be gradual: from 2d shape on the grid, to 3d shape (by extruding and atrractors point)
5. than to manipulate the grid by gradual enlarging and reducing it, etc.
Therfore, as start I would like to create the grid when each shape cells will be sorted in separate array. Than to flow the grid along a 3d surface.
(all above I need to create in grasshopper).
THANK YOU !