generative modeling for Rhino
First, thank you to share this great tool. I want to try 'mantis' asap,
but,in grasshopper 0.7.0057 & 0.8.0003 , Rhino v4, the mantis doesn't work.
In detail, Icons appear on panels(at 'Extra' tab), and when I open example .ghx file, the boolean switch isn't connected with input parameter of mantis. Whether I toggled to true or false, it failed.
I expect your answer. Cheers.
hi Mohamed....nice tool
i just downloaded it and works like a charm.
it has lots of potential
i would really like to dig into it.
i´m trying to understand how it works to be able to generate a housing project, and generate possible iterations and growth rules with it.
any ideas in a game of life like kind of behaviour?
Hi Mario.....thanks for your imperssion
in the next update, you will see 3 new components
1) for previewing and selecting the rules of Elementary CA & Totalistic 3colors CA + making the search for the numbers of neighbored cells more than the 3 default cells
2) a new update for the 2 dimensional CA ( previewing separate stages of CA evolution with creating the initial steps"for the game of life, i will try to make an example because it can be made with th2 2D CA but i couldn't promise" + the ability for seeing all the evolution steps in a 3 dimensional preview)
3) Polyhedra package about 127 object
the next update will be released before 1/1/2011.
I am using mathematica on Mac, and running rhino on parallels. should I install mathematica on windows to use mantis? or there is a way to use it from Mac.
looking forward to that new update
Sorry... i didnt try Mantis on Mac till now, but as soon after the next release i will try to use it on Mac
I am also having trouble connecting Mantis to Mathematica.
1. I just got the new trial of Mathematica, so its version 8
2. the error is the same as Jamparc's - could not load file or assembly Woldfram.NETlink...etc."
3. I copied both the GHA file and the Wolfram.netlink.dll into the components folder.
4. My operating system is Windows 7 (i'm on bootcamp)
I tried downloading the Mathworld packages and placing it in that file path - C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\7.0\AddOns\LegacyPackages\MathWorld, although version 8 doesn't have a folder called "Mathworld," but I downloaded the Mathworld Packages and put it in there, and just deleted the word "Packages" from the file name, so it would match what you had written. and it still didnt work.
Any advice? thanks
try this link it's the dll file of mathematica 8 that installed with mathematica
tell me what would happen
the Mathworld Package->"I guess" you will not need to download this package because already it is included the latest mathematica versions -> i will check all of its free files