Here you can download gHowl_r46 for Grasshopper ***0.7.x and 0.8.x***. This is technically our third public release of the components, though the first two have been under a beta testing stage. This release fixes a few issues and adds some functionality not found in previous versions. We have included examples for various applications. If you have any questions or have issues using the gHowl components, please let us know. Please remember to have Open Office
installed for the spreadsheet components.
*** Tested with GH 0.7.0057. Reports show that gHowl does not appear for GH 0.7.0055. We will sort out a compatible version for 0.7.x with the latest release. Works well with 0.8.0001.***
UDP Components now have the ability to send and receive to a Multicast group. To send or receive to a Multicast group, make sure you use the IP Range of 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168.
OSC functionality is provided by the Bespoke OSC Library
by Paul Varcholik.
- Tests the connection of your machine to a network.
- Allows the sending of UDP messages over the network. Also allows the sending of OSC messages to OSC enabled software and hardware devices. (Deleting this component in 0.7.0057 crashes GH / Rhino)
- Allows the sending and receiving of UDP messages. Also allows the reception of OSC messages and bundles (from Reactivision for example).(Deleting this component in 0.7.0057 crashes GH / Rhino)
- This component allows the storage of a single OSC Channel. Change the component's nickname to store that address' data.
- This component allows the storage of data from multiple OSC addresses.Spreadsheet:
The spreadsheet components leverage the Open Office
Calc engine. You must have Open Office Calc installed in order for these components to work. These components read and write *.ods, *.xls, and *.xlsx files. Supports numerical values and strings.
- Checks to see whether Open Office Calc or Excel are installed on your computer.
- Retrieves spreadsheet data from a file stored on your computer. (Deleting this component after referencing a file in 0.7.0057 crashes GH / Rhino)
- Allows you to write a spreadsheet file. (Deleting this component after writing a file in 0.7.0057 crashes GH / Rhino)XML:
These components retrieve xml data from local and web sources (such as RSS feeds).
- Retrieves data from a Pachube
feed. Must have a valid Pachube API. (Deleting this component after making a connection in 0.7.0057 crashes GH / Rhino)
- This component parses an XML file stored on your computer or on the web.
The gHowl Team...