Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I am beginning to use GG for SAP components.  I was wondering if there are scripts that shows how to use some of these components:

1) setting up AISC steel catalogs.

2) setting up ggAutoSelectionSet families by filtering based on a string parameter say "W14" from the AISC Imperial catalog.

The ggAutoSelectionSet is looking for multiple StructPropSec type inputs and cannot use string type sections names.  How to go about serializing and converting each individual section name to a StructPropSec and use it to define each section using ggFSP?

Vish

Views: 905

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vish,

I've attached a file that hopefully helps.  It shows how to set up autoselect.  Bullant has the catalogue.

I haven't really set up means to filter my catalogue, but in the interim if you can generate lines with the labels, it will be recognized as a set of strings (I've added a demonstration of this to the file).

Let me know if it helps or not.

Cheers,

Jon

Attachments:

Thank you so much, this script surely helps a lot.  The mistake I was making was using a single line string input than ta multiline input.   I really appreciate such a speedy response.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service