Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

post here if you encounter any problems !!!

Views: 32250

Replies to This Discussion

you have to check the checkbox just selected object.

select the object you want to calculate

afterwards run the process in grasshopper

It still fails.I don't know whether I misunderstood what you mean.

The left side of the picture is correct result,the right side is current result and my setting.Or I take wrong steps?

Please help me!

Attachments:

the problem is you need to call the right ID numbers for the values

so the count of faces of the enviroment plus the ID you call

and the color has to be different becasue it is just a visual feedback

hope this helps

It Looks like not the real reason.There is only one selected mesh box to analyze in the . I give up to fix the problem ,make the computer calculate all the meshes .It's much easier to operate the data tree.

Hi,

attached the file which works as expected

best

Attachments:

thank you so much!

you are welcome

Hello

It is perfect for small mesh models with fewer subdivision. However, when the meshfaces increase, it takes the ecotect to calculate for a long time, in my case, over 30mins. In Geco, it reports a warning asking whether the ecotect is still running. And it won't get the gradient mesh back to the mesh in rhino after successful calculation in ecotect. I tried several times, and if I cut the mesh into small parts, they work well without this warning story. Do you have any suggestions?

Dear Klarke,

after 5 minutes geco has a programmed timeout that you can work on with different stuff in rhino . In further releases we will have a manual input for that.

To establish the link to ectoect again just toggle the ecolink.

After that you can recaive the gradient mesh again.

best

Thank you. Well, can you articulate what exactly is the ecolink? Is it the boolean triggle in export to ecotect function? Also, after this operation, does it need to be recalculate in ecotect again? Sorry for these troubling questions. But it takes hours for the calculation, I don't wanna another sad day. hha

Best

ecolink = the first component you need to establish linkage

but it is important to not toggle, you have to just reconnect the wire!!

I follow your instruction. I believe that ecolink is the component which opens ecotect software when toggling. I didn't swith the toggle, instead, I reconnect the wire from the toggle to the input of ecolink component. But Nothing happens... still can not importing calculated gradient pattern back to rhino file.

Thank you.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service