Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

When comes the UnrollSrf ?!?!?!?!

I would really need it ; )

Best,

Jesse

Views: 4473

Replies to This Discussion

No idea but I just wrote one to unroll planar surfaces using "orient srf". that works very well.

greetings, oli
Ok Oliver !

not to confuse any of us but I think that planar srf does not need to be unrolled...

do You mean developable instead of planar....?

please explain a bit more ; )

Let me see the link or so !

gretings jesse
Hi Jesse,

No, I was talking about planar surfaces or polygonal polysurfaces. This is just very useful if you have for example 100 polygonal objects i.e. houses and you want the facade and roof surfaces to arrange on a 2d sheet for lasercutting or cnc milling.

on the left side you see what it does. I marked the containers you need to, lets call it move and rotate, those surfaces to the c-plane.
Attachments:
Hey Jesse,
As far as I know there is no unroll component yet.
You will have to utilize the Rhino command for it using app.runScript()
I've attached a ghx file that does just that.
As an input it takes the IDs of the surfaces. The output are the unrolled Surfaces which you can then number and distribute using grasshopper components.

Marc

www.21cd.org
Attachments:
Hey Jesse...

did it actually work out for you with the definition I uploaded? Just curious as I have only tested it on one pretty simple case so far..
Marc
Hey Marc,

I will test it soon ! ...

Best,

Jesse

Thanks Marc,

To get the ID of a BREP generated on GH do you need to bake it first?

hi marc

could you please send it again in another version  because i think you are using a newest version, and im not able to open it.

thank you, i appreciate you help

alejandra

hi marc

could you please sent it again in another version, because im using the newest one.

thank you, i appreciate  your help

have a nice day

alejandra

its not so easy to rewrite all old stuff - sdk has changed. find some old releases of gh on forum, there is a site provided with it.

Hi Marc.
Thanks for sharing your unroll-script.
I'm trying it, but there is an error:

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Also, is it possible to have (unbaked) Grasshopper geometry as input surfaces?

Thanks
M&rten
Hi Marc,

I know this is an old thread but i'm really keen to use your vb component to unroll surfaces using a line or point as a method of relocating the developed and curved geometries together again - as it is possible to do in the rhino command.

I have tried adding this into your component with no success and would assume it involves collecting the the input curves on the surface and selecting them as oncurve objects and assigning them as strings following the selection of the surfaces. Is it possible or am I way off target?

many thanks

Leon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service