generative modeling for Rhino
Ever wish you could use Grasshopper's interface and method of working for tasks outside it's current scope? I've been experimenting with extending grasshopper to connect more and more with the Internet of Things type of investigations and continue to wish Grasshopper (or at least it's UI) was a bit more ubiquitously distributed into my life. I hope this can be a fun, open ended discussion on the possibilities rather than the technical implications.
A few topics off the top of my head where Id love to use a Grasshopper type workflow;
- other programs on my computer
- within individual programs (parametric definitions in Photoshop would be great at work)
- as a way to setup workflows through programs
- complex search engine queries online
- diagramming/ building logic into design decisions separate from anything digital ( client, budget, etc )
- distributed methods for diagramming/ sketching out actual grasshopper definitions (think Grasshopper UI on the iPad, with the real processing being done on your computer remotely/ later)
- physical version of the components in the form of "smart" building blocks (perhaps with very simple RFID type communication to transmit the connection information back to the PC to do the processing)
Id be curious to learn situations outside of the typical PC/ Rhino/ Grasshopper scene where you have found yourself longing to assemble the solution using a few components strung together with wires.
Yes. Here's my tale of a GH addict: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/tales-of-a-gh-addict
I would love to see some vector software with gh workflow style...