Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hi

I'm just trying to test for surface curve intersections and I am coming up against a number of problems.

first, my surfaces, though specified with the hint of OnSurface are still coming in as Breps and I can't seem to find an intersection method for Breps and curves. My surfaces are all untrimmed, separate surfaces

the other problems is what an ArrayOnX_EVENT is and how to test is to see if it recorded any intersections - if I can get past the issue of the brep problem I thought I would have an if this ArrayOnX_EVENT.count is greater than 0, then I know there's an intersection...

any ideas. thanks in advance

Views: 7150

Replies to This Discussion

woh. finally got it to work using the old school method of a simple brep trim. the strangest part may be that the end brep once exploded always happened to have the part I want to keep in the exact same indices...I guess I lucked out. it missed one or two spots but seems the most precise yet...I'll post what I did.
trimSrTrimPanels_full_final.ghx
recently been trying a completely new strategy - a bit of a hack but so far the results are way more reliable. I still haven't connected all the pieces but in principle I am using trim with region on curves - which I need anyways for structural lines - and then using this trimming info to the apply to the surfaces. I had never used the trim region components in gh before but they work quite reliably. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a way to trim a series of curves by multiple regions at the same time. I'm not sure how you would tell the computer what's inside and what's outside ... right now I have a trim component for every curve and I pass the results from one to the next...
The trim only returns the part-curve within the sub-domain.

Best to run a loop copying the original curve, creating a sub-domain, trimming by sub-domain, adding the new curve to a list and... repeating.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service