Firstly, a big thanks to the GhPython team!
I'm admittedly new to Python and don't code within Grasshopper often to boot so apologies if some of the following questions are a tad obtuse, however I didn't find any answers on the many resources and forums available for those using Python and Rhino. Hopefully I'm not the only one who will benefit...
- The "ghdoc" variable and rhinoscriptsyntax target bear some explanation. I get the gist but would appreciate some notes on how to output for Rhino v. Grasshopper and, for Rhino targets, how that output behavior is intended to work with the Grasshopper solver.
- Based on this comment I understand that RhinoScript use within GhPython may be less ideal than RhinoCommon use. Is this an efficiency/memory issue? Compatibility with future development? Other reasons? From this, it seems the methods should be compatible within the same component. However, are there circumstances in which it is advisable to one or the other?
- Related to both of above points, is the rhinoscriptsyntax target irrelevant if using solely RhinoCommon classes?
- Are there some RhinoScript and/or RhinoCommon objects which are not recognized as valid Grasshopper geometry? In particular I'm not able to draw/preview TextDots.
- Any notes/advice/resources for working with Data Trees in Python?
Thanks in advance for any elaboration.