Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I am interested in creating a form out of solid rods that create a hexagon shape and to be able to scale the size of the hexagons and diameter of the rods.  Can anyone recommend how I can create this?  I have attached an image of what I would like to make.

Thanks.

Views: 926

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

A while back I created a definition for visualizing the rolling up of graphene sheets into nanotubes (see attached video).
What came in handy was the hexagon grid defining equations used in nanophysics. The definition is quite simple, I'll post it soon so you could use it as a starting point, though I think what you show on your image is more a rounded cone than a rod (tube)...
Attachments:
Hi Jacek

Nice! That seems like an interesting definition. Did you do the mapping with a formula?
Thanks for the mov. Yes the equation would be helpful. Thanks. I lookforward to seeing it. Maybe I can wrap it around a solid to get the shape?
Sorry for the delay, guys...

I've attached the definition, didn't have time to clean it up though.
The maths/physics of carbon nanotubes are were explained here.
Fig. 3.2 shows the relationships between the flat hex net, the chiral and translational vectors and the resulting nanotube structure.

As for the dynamic rolling up part of the definition - I didn't map those point on a cylinder, but used simple rotations instead - see attached ghx.
Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service