Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

RhinoNest is now available in Grasshopper too!
How to download RhinoNest 0.1 for Grasshopper?
1. Login to www.RhinoNest.com. You can use your account of Grasshopper3d.com,...
2. In the Menu, click on Download.
3. RhinoNest 0.1 for GH needs RhinoNest 2.1 installed. It is included in the same download page.

Please take a look to this video: http://www.rhinonest.com/video/rhinonest-within-grasshopper

Please let me know your feedback!

Thanks and best regards,

Rafael del Molino

TDM Solutions SL

Views: 20263

Replies to This Discussion

hey Phillip,

Where is the video you are referring to?

thanks,

ryan

Thanks alot Rafael, rhino-nest in rhino works well :), @ ryles here is the tutorial video check it.

http://www.rhinonest.com/video/rhinonest-within-grasshopper

7:08 min - and here we have the result...

Hello,

Good idea to add an option define multiple sheets. I will talk to the developers to add it!

Thanks,

Rafael del Molino

TDM Solutions SL

hello Rafel

I am sorry but i have another problem here after i nest i found some of the text out side the objects,so i think because its irregular shapes ,so how can i solve this, please check the attached jpeg for explanation and thank you :)

Attachments:

I think this error is cause by it placing the text at the center of the shape's bounding box or area centroid. I don't think it's an error or a bug, I just think it's programmed like that. 

Maybe Rafael could tune this up?

I could see that it would be an issue using the Auto-Label commands,  another area of RhinoNest that I haven't really used.  I have a use for it, but I've known about this issue and just worked around it by labeling parts with my own scripts.  But then again I'm not nesting 100's of parts of an assembly, remapping 3d objects to nest or needing the labels to be etched into my parts.

Sorry I haven't replied about the video, I haven't had time to sit down and watch it yet.

Hi Ryles,

I am thinking about a solution, how to find a better position of the labels. How does it work in your script? Do you calculate distances of sections of the curves,do you use kangoroo to get a better position or what is your approach?

i place text dots manually with a script that starts at 1 and keeps going. ;-)

i don't have enough parts to make it necessary to need anything more than that.

ah ok. simple but reliable. hehe

Hi Rafael,
is there any progress on making Nest within GH work again (for 0.8.0063 onwards)?
Thanks,
Phillip

Hi Phillip,

Tomorrow I will talk to David about this issue.

Thanks,

Rafael del Molino
TDM Solutions SL

Hi Phillip,

We found the problem and it is fixed! I'm testing it :) I will send you news (or a new installer) in some hours.

Thanks,

Rafael del Molino

TDM Solutions SL

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service