generative modeling for Rhino
i'm currently trying to draw a texture.
1. This thexture is composed of variable circles (6 differents radius). The pattern should be gradiant bottom to top. I mean that the lower part is draw with the smallest circles and the higher part with the biggest circles.
----- top -----
Part 6 : Radius 6 and circle of lower radius with the space left (but less)
Part 5 : Radius 5 and circle of lower radius with the space left (but less)
Part 4 : Radius 4 and circle of lower radius with the space left (but less)
Part 3 : Radius 3 and circle of lower radius with the space left (but less)
Part 2 : Radius 2 and circle of lower radius with the space left (but less)
Part 1 : Radius 1
2. The circle have, surrounding them, a space witch should not intersect with any other circle. For example a circle of radius 5 has a circle of radius 10 from the same center and no other circle should intersect this last one.
Now i have no problem putting points randomly on a surface and then dividing the primary surface in 6 sub-surfaces in order to make the gradiant... My problem start when i try to find the distance beetween the points and dispatch lists according to the distance beetwen them. I really don't know how to proceed i spend so far 5 hours per evening for 2 weeks now... So i won't detail what i've done in order to have new ideas and freshs starts of logics :)
Thx all in advance
ps : i'm aware it might not be clear, so questions are welcome :)
Plus, i'm posting the last issue of my ghx, i hope it will help you help me :D
As i don't still have any answer i made up a jpg to show what i'm trying to achieve...
Hope it helps :)
it seems to be exactly what i need !!
Could you upload the ghx please or just tell me how it works basically and i try to make it myself :)
Thx a lot Yasser !
I'm agree with you, stressed with distance of many point dispatch, so I'm using populate 2D (GH 0.8.006) that make spread location of random point more flat.
I'm so sorry Florian, I'm forget to saved the file beside you can't open it (you're using old GH version)
But, you can make it by following in pic above, after you have install GH 0.8.006 for sure.
So there is only one problem, with this method, the radius of a circle have a limit and no points from the cloud is deleted.
In my project the different radius are already decided... :(
There is the radius
So there is multiple file
1. This is the ghx made by Yasser for who ever needs it (Yasser if you want me to remove it i can)
2. This is the grasshopper that i made the longest lines represent the step i want to make disappear (cf the mind_mapping.jpg which shows what are the actions done)
3. This is the final result i would like to achieve (already done grasshopper + manualy but out of curiosity i would like to make it all with grasshopper !)
Thx all in advance :)
update the file, but the radius seems not same with your final result image
So i took a look at your file and it works quiet well
Thx you very much but i'll make another subject for what i'm now looking for (how to reduce the length of my ghp by doing all the thing of "mind mapping.jpg" in only one action/button)