Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

As of a few hours ago, I can no longer conduct radiation analyses through Ladybug. The problem seems similar to the previous post by GB, except I have not received an error message. Instead, everything looks normal except that no matter how I change the parameters or flip the surfaces, every surface is registering as 0 kWh/m2 (as seen below). I've tried multiple files (including files that worked fine yesterday) but I always get the same result.

I've attached all my files below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 1830

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It works for me as it is.

-A.

I figured out that there was a problem with my EPW file.  Thanks for your help.

I have the same issue as perscribed above (producing script, downloading EPW file, toggling useoldres." But the results are the same.

My intentions for the analysis is to find the hot and cool spots on the groundp lanes for pedestrians so I can design a shading system (later). In a sense the grond is the geometry and the buildings are the context.

Any help on troubleshooting this would be appreciated!

Attachments:

Check you normal directions. They should point outwards (dir command in rhino).

-A.

Hi Abraham,

Thanks for your input! Changing both the mentioned items have provided me the same results...

Any other tips I should be looking at?

Thanks

I believe i answered to this in another discussion ... did you posted this twice?

It has to be with thenegative distFromSurface you provided. Give a positive value, like 0.1.

-A.

Hi Abraham,

Are you sure this is not a problem with Ladybug?

I just did download the Radiation analysis file from hydrashare.github and set both boolean toggles to true and I get the same results as other users mentioned above.

I did write definition from the scratch and still get the same result. 

Attachments:

Farzane,

In life there is only one sure thing ... :-)

Though, from your picture, i'm pretty sure there is a normal direction issue. Upload your file (with geometry internalised) or check yourself with the dir command (if rhino model) or show the normals with native GH components.

-A.

here is my file, I will appreciate if you check it and help me through this issue.

thanks,

Attachments:

Your file is running fine at my end:

Are you getting any values from the selectSkyMtx?

-A.

I get zero for all the days!!!

I changed epw file for different locations but still get the same result.

I run sunlight hour analysis with the same setting and I get the result but it does not work with radiation analysis

Attachments:

Probably the problem is with the gendaymtx.exe file.

Check this discussions: 1, 2. If needed download the program here.

-A.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service