generative modeling for Rhino
Please write some credits, when posting works made by someone else.
sorry, I forgot
The picture was taken from :
I make the Waffle tutorial from :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT9Z_tPww1E&feature=relmfu. When the geometry is simple and doesn't have diversity of heights works. I've modeled the geometry similiar to that from the first image in the post and doesn't work.
Can you guys help me how to create a holes which are always in the half of the height of the section strip?
This is the correct one:
And incorrect :
You can't using bounding box in this case, since it's only flat surfaces it will not work on waves surface.
- Just adding 2 move components with z vector half height of the strip for each strip U (up/+) and V (down/-) (you can also adding calculate length of the height edge and function x/2).
- Adding 2 Solid difference components, and cross the strips.
(strips U in A, and strips V1 in B)
(strips V in A, and strips U1 in B)
Hope this help
But what, when the strips will be of different height? How can I find the half of the height of string in place where two perpendicular strings cross each other?
Here the file
I was hurried before, so this is logic behind "how to find half of the height of the strips" :
- Explode geometry into surface, if the status still a brep with brep component, then take a surface above and below with list item (make two list item to easier for loft and measuring them),
- Divide them, like you did before or many more in intersect tab menu,
- Transform intersect strips into point as measure guideline, with curve|curve
- Measure between point A (in surface above) and B (surface below) with distance component, and use the values for Z input in center box,
- Cut the strips with center box (solid difference component),
- And take a look at the file, if not clear.
thanks yaser. The problem with your definition is that its usable for the geometry generated with two surfaces- upper and lower surface. When I input any other geometry just simply generated and loaded to GH.
You're right. I forgot with end points component, so that will possible to make two point (upper and lower) for measuring it with distance, without separate the surfaces.
revision in attachment