Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I have been research about packing circles, however I still can not design an implementing  approach to apply on a surface. Any ideias where to begin ?! Thanks in advance.

Views: 5319

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joaquim,

equal radii or varying ?

compact(3 circles around each gap) or not ?

an approximate packing with some gap tolerance, or exact tangency ?

There are many different options, so it would help if you clarify what the motivation is.

Hi Daniel 

Thanks for your reply,

Actually i'm follow some approaches developed in Kangaroo. However i can´t find exactly what i'm looking for. I´m trying to obtain packing circles with exact tangency but in a way that we can control the radius of the circles [ maybe by attraction, finding the closest point on some geometry]. but not in all of surface. In a few months ago I design an approach about gaussian curvature values in a suface, and well the result that i´m looking for is in some way like this, with packing circles just interfering in a determined region.https://vimeo.com/65010809

Thanks in Advance. 

Ok, the next version of Kangaroo has a function for circle packing with radii given by an interpolated field !

This also prompted me to look into Shepard weighting for the interpolation.

Seems like it could come in handy for other things.

It's interesting to see the effect of varying powers. Here's an example showing interpolated values using from left to right P = 2 , 4 , 7 and 20 

Fantastic Daniel, it´s really interesting to see how maths can influence and support the work that  you have been developed. I'm looking forward to explore the next version of Kangaroo.

Really good work ! 

the future seems to be interesting, but perhaps something for the contemporary?

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/help-attaching-random-cir...

Hi Daniel,

Would you please share some example for "circle packing with radii given by an interpolated field !" its really appreciated.

Regards,

Navid

Hi Daniel,

Is there any more information on how this is achieved?? I have been using a range of circle packing scripts with grasshopper/kangaroo for a while now but am looking specifically at circle packing with radii given by an interpolated field as per your image above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Daniel, did Kangaroo ever get the circle packing function?  Is there a tutorial on it by any chance?

Image based circle packing

Thanks for the tip!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service