Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

This is probably a post mainly for David Rutten,

Hi David, 

I have this problem with the new version of grasshopper that I have just installed, it wont load the vector assembly, meaning grasshopper stops loading, when loading the vector assembly, why is this? I have the newest version of rhino 5 SR4? 

I am curious as to this problem because I saw something similar at a workshop I taught at the local Architectural School, some students simply couldnt load grasshopper. 

I am looking forward to hear from you. I will upload a screen dump of the frozen screen.

Views: 529

Replies to This Discussion

I sort of fixed it by accident, I opened Rhino in safe mode, where I then opened grasshopper as well, then I closed it down, and reopened Rhino and grasshopper regularly, and it apparently worked.

However an explanation as to why this worked would be nice.

This is huge if it is repeatable! You might have given David a clue as to what's going wrong.

This is a known problem which has not been got to the bottom of. If you leave it alone will it eventually load?

The first thing you should do towards getting a faster load is to Remove any Third Party plug-ins for GH. e.g. Kangaroo, Weaverbird, Human, Starling, etc. You can locate these by searching for *.gha and *.ghuser Make sure you leave the gha's attributed to native grasshopper

Once you have no Plug-ins try loading it again, if this works then you can re-introduce third party plug-ins until you it the barrier. you should download the latest versions of each before re-introducing them.

It's not a problem with the vector library. The loading hangs after the last library loads but before the splash screen disappears. At the moment the most likely culprit seems to be recently used gh/ghx files that are on a network drive.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

you are absolutely correct david, as to when the problem occurs, I just didnt know how to explain myself. 

So the issue is occurring, because my rhino licens is loaded from an external server rather than from my desktop/laptop? am I correct ? 

Just one thing to be noted, my fix from yesterday isnt working anymore once I restarted my computer... I will test again to see if it will fix it.   

Any luck fixing this?  I'm having the same problem and while it used to load after letting it hang for a little while, I can longer load GH at all.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

We are using zoo server for Rhino...wondering if that may be part of the problem.

I have been working on the RhinoScriptCompiler for the past few weeks. Hopefully I can get back to GH development in a few days. 

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Tirol, Austria

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service