Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grouping components seems great but I think it could offer a lot more than visually dividing groups.

An idea I've had was to allow grouping to collapse all of the components within the group into a single "container" component until it is expanded (via an arrow or double-clicking or some other means). It could then be named, obviously to distinguish them.

The benefit to this would be that commonly used groups, such as setting up an interval (connected to a range component), could be collapsed and copying or inserting a group would be accomplished with a single component. It would also help to clean up the interface for a large, complex file by organizing it into single components for each section.

Cheers on a great program!

BTW, I searched the discussions but did not find this stated before. I apologize if it has been covered in other areas.

Views: 2690

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mark,

What you describe is the bases for clusters that were removed from GH around 0.6.0015:

Known problems:
....Clusters have been removed entirely (trust me, there's a good reason for this), so any file you load that had clusters will give you IO warnings and the cluster contents will spill directly onto the canvas (functionality should remain the same).

Here is David's statement from a recent thread:
http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/what-happened-with-the?co...

Best regards,
Danny
Ah, so it was a problem with me searching the wrong keyword.

Thanks so much for the heads up and can't wait for cluster's triumphant return.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service