Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

This time I ask something more difficult.
I have an image formed by the range of colors and I would like to extrapolate the curves that follow the color tones ... how can I do?
This is the image

thanks guys

Giulia

Views: 2933

Replies to This Discussion

Jon was able to link false color mapping directly from the analysis solver...

http://geometrygym.blogspot.com/2011/05/grasshopper---solver-result...

page not found... 

Oops.  I was having trouble linking directly to a particular post.  Try this:

http://geometrygym.blogspot.com/2011/05/grasshopper-solver-results....

Is it just this one image, or do you want it to work on loads of similar but slightly different images as well? If it's just this one, I'd suggest tracing over the contours by hand and then using the Extend Curve component.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

no, I should work on other similar images but with "drawings" and several different colors ...
so I 'd like to find a way to draw at least one curve for each different color.

You think is possible with grasshopper?

I don't think it's possible without a serious amount of custom VB/C# scripting.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

ok,thanks!

The "joints" column of the spreadsheet you posted don't seem be ordered the same way as the vertices from the mesh in your rhino file. Try exporting the coordinates of these joints from sap either as a geometry file or as numerical values (another excel file). If you manage to get that i'll tell you how to create the isocurves.

you're right. Now I try

I exported the data of the coordinates of points but now how can I connect it to the rest?

Attachments:

Here you have.

I had to move the mesh object so that's in the same place as the sap coordinates. (around 140 units in the x axis)

I internalized the excel data by copying the columns to a txt file, dragging the txt file to the canvas, connecting the "read file" component that's automatically generated to a paramameter, right clicking in the input of the parameter and selecting "internalize".

For some reason GH won't allow me to directly copy+paste more than 3900 lines.

You shold leave the read file component's and not internalize anything in case you want make changes on sap.

The mesh object is also internalized so you don't have to open the rhino file.

This will only work on meshes with an ordered set of vertices.

I'm sorry but I use grasshopper recently and this file is very advanced for me! when I open it I will display some errors and I can not see the solution ...

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service