Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

please post here in case of karamba problems !

Views: 21512

Replies to This Discussion

Hi eR.

I am interested in the same issue too.

Did you find out how to analyze the buckling or some 2d planar truss for example?

Thank you.

I'm encountering a problem when trying to save machine.id files. On both my PC desktop and Mac running Bootcamp with a full version of Rhino 5 and Grasshopper 0.9.0014, Rhino crashes and says "Rhino has encountered a problem and needs to close." This happens when once I enter the name for the .id file and click save.

Any suggestions so that I can use the license I purchased?

Hi,

Same problem for me, on a Mac Book Pro with Bootcamp, running Seven 64 Bit.

Any idea ?

Hi,

when you put the Karamba License-component on the canvas: Does it turn red right away? In that case you first have to make sure that Karamba is properly installed. See 'Trouble-Shooting'-section of the manual.

Best,

Clemens

Clemens,

You're right, the component turned red. I had a look at the Trouble-Shooting Section, my problem was a fem.karambaPINVOKE exception, due to the fact that grasshopper.dll is located in C:\Users\Guillaume\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\Grasshopper {B45A29B1-4343-4035-989E-044E8580D9CF}\0.9.56.0 , and not in C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\Grasshopper

So I fixed this problem by reinstalling Karamba in the first folder.

Maybe it could help to add in the install process a routine that could localise the grasshopper.dll file so that the default install folder proposed would be the right one... ?

Thanks anyway

I am having some trouble installing this. I would like to use it with Rhino 5 (not the beta version) and am not sure to what folder I should direct the installation.

Install it to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasshopper for Rhino 5' if you use Grasshopper 0.9.0014, to the GH-folder in the Rhino5 directory otherwise.

Best,

Clemens

I think what is throwing me off here is that I am trying to install for the 64 bit rhino 5, and there is no folder in the non-x86 program file directory called Grasshopper for Rhino 5. I am using GH 0.9.0014. My grasshopper directories are somewhat confusing since I have rhino 4 and 5 (beta and full) on my computer. For example there is no grasshopper folder in my rhino 5 plug-ins folder for the full version, but there is one in the beta version folder. Is there a way to access the necessary folders via the grasshopper menu and then manually paste the files where needed? Sorry if this is confusing. Thanks for your help.

GH 0.9.0014 for Rhino5 reside in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasshopper for Rhino 5' by default. In order to see which GH is used by Rhino4/5 start Rhino, select 'Tools/Options...' from the menu, then 'plug-ins' from the tree on the left and 'Grasshopper' from the installed  plug-ins. Press the button 'Properties...' on the bottom left and a window will appear where the file name (and directory) of Grasshopper is listed. 

Best,

Clemens

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing Karamba. I have Rhino 5 and the latest available TRIAL version of Karamba and the latest version of Grasshopper also. The problem is that Karamba doesn't load into GH.

When I start GH in Rhino I get this error message:

An error occured during GHA assembly loading:
  Path: C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5.0 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\Grasshopper for Rhino 5\karamba.gha
  Exception System.TypeLoadException:
  Message: Method 'DrawViewportWires' in type 'Karamba.GH_UniformlyDistLoad' from assembly 'karamba, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tuulikki

Oh and after reading what you replied to Adam (above), I realized I might have it installed in the wrong directory, but even when I have it installed in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasshopper for Rhino 5

I get the same error message...

Hi,

there are two versions of Karamba 1.0.2 available: one for GH8 one for GH9. Did you install that for GH9? 

GH 0.9.0014 installs itself to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Grasshopper for Rhino 5' by default. The default Karamba 1.0.2 installation path for Rhino5 points to a directory which was used by pre-GH 0.9.0014 versions. Did you adapt it to the correct value? 

Did you uninstall any old Karamba versions before installing the new one?

Best,

Clemens

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service