Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello Daniel i have downloaded and installed Kangaroo 2 but i cant interact with the rhino viewport, i have installed rhino 5 64 sr11, both files are unlocked, do you have any idea why this happens?

Views: 34039

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Just to clarify - the current .net framework this is tested against is 4.5.1

(I expect it probably also works with the 4.6 preview, though haven't checked yet)

Daniel,

I had to uninstall my 4.6 preview to get it to work, just so you know.

Works great now. it seems awesome so far! thanks so much for everything!

Hi Matt

How did you actually uninstall 4.6 preview? I accidentally install it on my win 8.1, and now I can't find anything in the programs and features, nor can I find a way to uninstall it.

Hi Daniel

I'm still having the viewport interaction issue. Here is the thing I checked:

• dll and gha files unblocked
  • Rhino5 64bit SR11 and GH 0.9.0076
  • .NET framework 4.6 preview (accidentally installed it on my win 8.1, can't uninstall it now)
  • COFF loading turned off

Is there anything else I missed? Thanks.

Problem solved. I restored the whole system to the point .NET framework 4.6 preview was not installed and reinstalled everything, now it works. To anyone who is concerned. The current version of kangaroo 2 is not ready for .NET framework 4.6 preview.

Thanks for this. I'll have to see what needs to be changed to get it working with 4.6

Hi Daniel. I got the same problem with the grab component because - I guess - I installed windows 10, so I can't change the .NET framework version (v4.6). My mistake. The rest is working perfectly thanks to your explanations in your release notes. So except that it's really an amazing work you've done !

So, if we installed windows 10, then the "grab" component will not work?  Thanks for the wonderful tools and helpful information Daniel.

This is my guess after reading the posts on the topic and given my own OS, but perhaps there is another reason. Only Daniel Piker could be sure about that.

I am also running on win10 (-> .net 4.6).

I tried all the methods described before to get it to work. (COFF, ForceDirect)

The grab tool still doesn´t work.

I'm also with the same problem. The new solver is fantastic though. Definitely looking forward to playing with viewport interaction - any news on updating Kangaroo2 to .NET 4.6?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service