Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello Daniel i have downloaded and installed Kangaroo 2 but i cant interact with the rhino viewport, i have installed rhino 5 64 sr11, both files are unlocked, do you have any idea why this happens?

Views: 34039

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

What do you mean when you say your "license is SR7", but just above you said SR11?

The license you have does not affect which service releases you can download, so if you have Rhino 5 SR7, you should update to the latest release.

Hi Daniel,

I got the GRAB problem. K2 works fast and smooth (Y) but GH said to me :

" 1. Solution exception:Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato" (impossible to find the module)

I have an (original commercial license) of Rhino V5 SR11, with GH 0.9.0076.

I did the Coff Trick, I'm sure I have the .NET Frameworks at 4.5 (not sure how much is updated).

does you have other suggestion for me?

Thanks

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

Is that the complete error message?

Are you running 64bit Rhino?

Which version of Windows?

Did you completely close both Grasshopper and Rhino after turning the COFF loading setting off?

Also, .NET 4.5 should be sufficient, but I don't see any harm in installing the latest (4.5.1) just to make sure.

Sooooory, restarting Rhino today everything works.

Thanks to answer me.

Just to have a check:

Yes that's the complete message

I have Win7 64bit with updates from Microsoft

and V-Ray installed (if it helps)

Hi Danil,

I still have problem with graping particles 

I just checked everything and it still does not work!

I work on win 10 Bootcamp with the latest .net install

• dll and gha files unblocked
  • Rhino5 64bit SR11 and GH 0.9.0076 
  • COFF loading turned off (either the global setting or just for Kangaroo2, following the instructions above)
  • I´v my kagaroo2 dll and gha files in local machine

still Grap component doesn't work!!

Thanks 
mohamed 

Windows 10? a pre-release version?

Daniel

yes, the technical preview 

Hi Daniel,

I think I am getting the same issue as Mohammed. It's happening to everyone in the workshop that i am giving too. Please see below the red wire after grab, with coff turned off.

Many thanks,

Arthur

Daniel, 

I asked for a new release and I gave my code from my educational version, but they ask for another key and online it does not work, they said that my educational license it is not aloud to update, maybe it is link with rhino 4. Tomorrow i will ask in my university if they can give new Rhino 5 (64) SR11. I download  the trial version and will try it. I uninstalled the SR7 with the SR11 becouse it will expire in 30 days. The new SR11 trail is for 90 days that is a lot of time to  grap something in rhino port with Kagraoo2. 

:)

Thanx for the help!

Daniel

Today we install the SR11 in my laptop, and i gave the directions to install the Kangaroo2 and old Kangaroo in our 40 machines for my students.

My problem was a lab licence linked with Rhino 4 and my Rhino 5 stopped in SR 7 and I´n not let the program in automatic update.

So we installed the SR 10 release and update to SR11 after re install the Rhino 5

After this novel I tried to grab something and for the first time after rebuting and it does not work!

:(

I checked the .net and tried to install the newest but installation did not work and they say that a have the last version...but I´n not sure if it is true...

Next week i´ll see with the Grab component works in the university machines, because in my laptop it does not work. 

I´ll try to Grap with the kinect (with openNI) to make an interface with an robot arm if its works, I sow some examples that you show to us and I think it is possible to control a Kuka by the grap component. We don´t have the KUKA yet but other university in Brazil is trying to by one, but they ask 6 time the KUKA´s price to install the machine...and for a public school it is to much money. I´ll try to find an alternative way for my students...

Thanx for the help

Art

I'm having the same 'left Control key' issue. I've turned off the COFF loading but now I'm getting some error messages from other plugins during the GH loading.

Sorry Daniel,

I've solved it through the About 'Force Direct for Kangaroo2' method. Anyway I think many will get the same issue.

K2 seems great !! thank you

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service