Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello all, I´m a mac user and since I have heard there is a Rhino's mac version on the go I would like to know if there is any plan to develop Grasshopper for the mac os version of rhino. If this is possible or is planned to, any idea when it would be available? It would be fantastic. (Sorry about my English)
Thanks and season's greetings from here.

Views: 29102

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Great news, looking forward!
Can you please forward any beta versions to me as well. I am using grasshopper on rhino pc right now, but i would prefer to run it on my mac.
Thanks
It will be a public beta. Announcements will be made on this forum (and presumably the Rhino Mac forum as well)

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
ok, i‘m very patiently waiting and hoping..
but in the meantime and to save my mac from windows.. is there any similar app that works on a mac??
thx!!
I wouldn't say it's similar, but Quartz Composer on OSX is a visual programming environment for working with images, data and 3D primitives (OpenGL) and meshes. You create compositions which can be screen-savers, iTunes visualisers, CoreImageFilters (GPU optimised image processing) or GLSL shaders amongst other uses. Can process data a bit like Processing too but is patch based (with a Javascript Patch)

It's actually a OSX framework and used in many a OS X Application. Best of all it's free, just install Developer Tools from your OS X DVD. Snow Leopard has added support for meshes and OpenCL but they are works in progress. Kineme (kineme.net) have developed a set of 3D tools for Leopard and I think they are updating them to SL soon seeing as some of the stock Mesh patches leave a little be desired.

From an visual programming implementation perspective, it's interesting to compare GH and QC. So similar, so different.
Offtopic:

Great! GH 0.7.0001 going out next month? :)
I'm working hard to get 0.7 ready for the London May workshop cycle, but the deadline is approaching fast and there's a lot of work still to be done.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Your brain is gold man, don't overclock it :) We could wait a little more time :P

Best.

--
Ánge Linares. aka: _aLinG_
angel@monzon8.es
Sevilla, Spain.
any news ? My mac can't wait ......
No news, in the meantime, can you get someone over at Apple to add a Enqueue function to the iPod player UI? I've requested this like over a year ago.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
I have asked for that too, not even itunes has that capacity in functional way.
Any new about Grass for Mac?? I hate to have to use parallels!!! At least for Autocad I gonna have to keep on using....

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service