Grasshopper 0.6.0055 is available for download:
This is BETA software. Use at your own risk!
This release fixes a number of reasonably serious bugs:
- VB and C# components would have problems loading referenced assemblies from unexpected folders. This is (at least somewhat) fixed.
- Enabling objects would fail to properly enable input parameters for components, this is fixed.
- Probably some other ones too, my bookkeeping skills leave something to be desired.
It also offers some new functionality:
- A new Group
object has been added. Groups allow you to visually link several components. Group colour cannot yet be changed, but by double clicking the group, the outline mode can be toggled.
- A new Markov
widget has been added. This widget uses Markov chains to 'guess' which component you want to use next based on your behaviour in the past. It takes a while for it to get accustomed to you as a special and unique and lovable individual, so don't expect miracles right away.
- A new Profiler
widget has been added (off by default). The profiler lists worst-case runtimes for parameters and components, allowing you to track down bottlenecks in networks and to compare different components in terms of performance.
- All widgets now have proper tooltips.
- Mouse picking has been improved. Different actions are now handled better and especially making new wires should be somewhat easier.
- Toolbars now draw separators between different groups of objects. Separators can be disabled via the View
- Fuzzy searching has been improved.
- Scribbles now allow font sizes up to 100pt.
- All Complex Number components have been moved into their own Tab.
- Tabs are now scrollable when the width of all tabs exceeds the width of the window.
And of course a couple of new components (to be honest, I have no idea which ones are new since the last release):
- Repeat Data
- Random Reduce
- Domain Inclusion
- String Concatenation
- Sinc (Sinus Cardinalis) trigonometry function
- Spherical Cloud
- Sort Points
- Vector Rotate and Vector Mass Addition (are these really new? ... I forgot)
- Curve Dash pattern
- Nurbs Curve Control Points
- Metaball with custom charge overrides
- Curve self-intersections
Enjoy, and have a happy 2010!