Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear testers,

Grasshopper 0.7.0014 is available for download.

This release fixes a number of serious bugs with file reading and scripting components. If you've been using an earlier 0.7 beta, please upgrade to this version. 

Grasshopper 0.7 undoubtedly still contains many bugs and should not be used for important work/files as it is less reliable than 0.6.X

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK

Views: 9696

Replies to This Discussion

Hi William,

The scatter graph displays the relative distances between all the genomes in the selected population. The closer two dots are the more alike they are. Since the number of genes can vary (anywhere between 1 and very, very many), the 'distance' between two genes is an N-dimensional problem, where N equals the number of genes. Since I'm solving an N-dimensional distance matrix on a 2-dimensional screen, the solution takes a long time to complete, hence the long period of unrest before the graph settles down. But not to worry, the scatter algorithm runs in a separate thread so it doesn't slow down the Rhino+Grasshopper part of the solver.

The line graph is a similar diagram, i.e. it shows all the genomes in the population. Each genome is drawn as a multi dimensional point, where the vertical lines in the diagram represent each individual slider and the points connected on those vertical lines represents the relative slider positions for each gene.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK
ps. Multi-dimensional value diagrams work like this:

http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~aiisreal/index_files/p5dpoint.jpg

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK
Hi David

Ok I get the concept of the line graph. Is there a way then of using this graph to filter the result. Say for example there is an additional constraint whereby the product of two slider values must not exceed a certain value. If not is there a way of incorporating conditional statements further upstream?

Many thanks especially for this superb new feature.
William
Just noticed that the sweep and pipe components are missing in this latest version.

Will they be implemented in the next release?

Many thanks
Yeah.. sweep1, sweep2 and pipe (which is basically just sweep1 with circles) are missing from our new Rhino SDK. We're working on better functions. If this is taking longer than expected I'll re-implement the crappy old functions sometime soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK

Thanks David!
I played around a little with Galapagos, I love it already! The attached definition is placing circles around another circle. It tries to minimize the gaps between the circles and at the same time it tries to get the total area of the outer circles equal to the area of the inner circle. It usually ends up on 15 circles but not always. The further it goes, the more reluctant will it be to change the number of circles. There is a slider called "Koefficient" to adjust the priority between the two goals.
[UPDATED DEFINITION]
Attachments:
My Scatter graph and Line graph looks different to the ones in Williams image (black background) see my post above. Both on XP and Vista.
bug: curve EXTEND component not extending.
Known, it is fixed. Thanks for the report. Also Simplify Curve component will crash in the current build.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
London, UK
Hi David. Something weird happened when I was deleting components. Please see attached definition and image.
Attachments:
Hello David,

I downloaded 0.7.0014 and installed but there's an error when loading from Rhino. Most of the components report errors and as a result none show up on the taskbar. Im running sr8 so I cant figure out why its not working.

As always thanks for the help

Mateo
Hi Mateo,
I had the same problem few weeks ago.
Did you try to start GH again?
At the second try it worked out for me.
Cheers

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos