Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

A minor upgrade with 5 bug fixes is available for download. If you didn't install 0.9.0051, please read the release notes as they contain important stuff.

0.9.0052 fixes the following bugs:

• Warnings and Errors from 3rd party GHA components compiled for older versions would not show, this is fixed.

• Double clicking on Text Panels would not work if the panel background was partially transparent, this is fixed.

• Editing Text Panels would crash if the panel background was partially transparent, this is fixed.

• Trim Tree component would not work, this is fixed.

• AssignDataToParameter() RhinoScript method did not work correctly when assigning strings, this is fixed.

This release can be downloaded from the usual location.

Grasshopper 0.9.0052 requires Rhino5 to run. It will not work on Rhino4.

If you're upgrading to 0.9.0052 from an old Grasshopper version, please manually uninstall that version first.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 5487

Replies to This Discussion

Hi david:

how to uninstall the gh0.90051?

thanks

carcassi

Hi Carcassi,
Check this reply.

Is this version only supported in 32bit rhino 5. I cannot run it in 64 bit.

Dan

Hi David,

First of all, thank you for this great release. Finally the UserObjects are loaded also from Subfolders. And i did some tests on that. It seems, that renaming a subfolder of the UserObjects Folder while GH is opened (components from that subfolder are loaded), causes some issues. Rhino/GH will freeze when Grasshopper unloads.

The liveUpdate behavior when doing some changes to the main UserObject folder containing files is not working on the Subfolders. But no crash, when a component is removed, only, when the folder is deleted or renamed.

Cheers

FF

I think this was going to be a .rhi installer, instead is a zip folder, it is much more confusing installing and uninstalling

Your Browser has automatically assumed it was a zip file and renamed it. You can manually change it back by renaming it with the extension .rhi

thanks!

I have got some bugs maybe in this 0.9.0052 version. I list them below.

1,about panel , I don't know wheather this is normal when i edit it:

2,I don't know Why a curve's center point's t is not 0.5:

3,I set many alise name for the compont but the new version always lost the shortcut key after i restart the rhino.

4,the vb compont can't catch the error out of the sub RunScript:

5,I want to know the "Principal" 's purpose  in parameter's menu .What can we do with it?

6,I am very  curious about this compont below,Can you give me simple example?

7,Once more,you know david,I want the  Oblique projection Matrix, I have posted this problem in the cad net forum,No one can solve it. Please,It's just a little problem.

Thank you!

1. Yes
  2. Curve parameters do not necessarily increase in a linear fashion along the curve. Typically only lines and arcs have linear parameterization.
  3. I can repeat that, I'll fix it.
  4. Looking into it.
  5. The purpose of principal parameters is to override the default logic that GH uses to find a principal parameter. When a component creates its output data, the datatree layout of this output is based on only one of the inputs. Grasshopper picks one based on the current data layout, but you can override this now. It's definitely an expert user function and it probably needs an extensive post in the FAQ section.
  6. The Atom component takes Atom data from the PDB importer and provides all the information (well, not quite all, but a lot) about individual atoms. PDB files are basically lists of atoms where each atom has a location, an element, chain and residue identifiers etc. etc. I added this component so that the PDB importer wouldn't have too many outputs.
  7. I don't know how to solve it. I haven't heard from Dale (maybe he forgot, you can always ask him directly at dalel@mcneel.com, if he gives you C++ code I can probably help out converting it into C#). If "no one can solve it" it's maybe not "a little problem"?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Fixed the Alias loading. It will work again in 0.9.0053.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

when will release 0.9.0053?

Fixed #4 as well.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About