generative modeling for Rhino
Grasshopper 0.8.0062 is now available for download from the usual location.
Changes and fixes since 0.8.0061:
● Added Content Filter section to the Preferences (Interface section).
● All users will be asked to specify the level of content filtering in the Grasshopper GUI.
● Added Geometry Pipeline object for live object updates (Params.Geometry panel).
● Added Circle Tan Tan component (Curve.Primitive dropdown).
● Added Circle Tan Tan Tan component (Curve.Primitive dropdown).
● Components which have been superceded by newer versions are now marked "Old".
● Added "Show Full Name" item to View menu.
● Coordinate Masks now support all possible permutations of x, y & z.
● Coordinate masks can now be created from text.
● The Stream Filter component now shows which index is streaming.
● Decompose Point component now has a Plane input.
● Point XYZ component now has a Plane input.
● Message Balloons are now drawn in screen space.
● Added an "Upgrade Legacy Components" item to the Solution menu.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to VB component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to C# component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Sort component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Clean Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Simplify Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Flatten Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Explode Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Weave component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Null Item component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Curve Closed component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Polygon Center component.
● Isocurve component now limits isocurves to the trimmed region.
○ Internalise wouldn't work on Point parameters, this is fixed.
○ Large strings in tooltips would not display in a useful fashion, this is fixed.
○ The Canvas Radial menu would pop up if space was pressed while inside a nested textbox, this is fixed.
○ Internalise data would fail to disassociate references in certain cases, this is fixed.
The Circle Tangency components won't work in Rhino5 until the next beta goes out.
Repeatable crash with GeometryPipeline object...
Just curious to see what it was, when I put one on a blank canvas, I got an error box (attached). Then when I deleted the component Rhino crashed instantly (crash report sent in). I saw NaK on the command line (if that helps)... 30.11 V5/64 Beta... I can repeat this here...
are you using Rhino5? If so, this should go away when the next Rhino5 beta goes out.
In the meantime I'll try and stop it from actually crashing though.
Simplification removes those numbers that are shared amongst all paths. Since your data only has a single path, simplify doesn't do anything. If you only ever have a single path and you want to get rid of the extra zero, you can flatten the data instead.
true... how on earth did i miss flatten...
thanks a lot for answering!
Thanks again David, can't wait to try it.
Oh, and I love the internalise options!
hmm, not seeing any errors here. Wonder if it's because I have the beta that got pulled?
cool! Thanks David!
@David, cryptic message for you
i,ve some performing troubles with the new version:
im working with some big/computationally intensive files (about 10 minutes calculation time after opening). in this files it take about 7 seconds for every action and then it jump back to the rhino screen and i have to open the grasshopper window again.
this also happen if i just drag down a new component or wire an empty output to the panel.i tried to delete the content of the file step by step from the back and it gets faster and faster...
during the loading process a seperate tooltip tab appears in the task menu for a moment, cant remember this happend before.
it feels like grasshopper does an autosave every step, but the auto save boxes are checked correctly.
i have no problems in new or small files, and i didn´t have this behavior in the 0.8.0060 version. i work in rhino 4
does anybody have the same troubles or could send me the 0.8.0060 build, unfottunately i deleted the setup file?
thanks for your help
can you email me the files I need to test the slowdown? If they are very large (they certainly sound large) you can use the McNeel FTP upload system: http://www2.mcneel.com/upload/Upload.aspx